CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We don’t have anybody on the roster good enough to sway us away from taking BPA, so I think it’s really important we wind up top 5 with our pick. Fingers crossed for that. The drop off after Kuminga to the next tier is pretty big and I’d hate to have another Mo Bamba instead of Trae or Luka experience.

Personally think the drop off happens before Kuminga. It's a top 4 in my eyes not a top 5. 

The good news for the Bulls pick is I think picks 5 to like 15 are all of comparable talent level so we if we get pick 9 from the Bulls that could wind up being the guy we have ranked 6th. 

21 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Personally think the drop off happens before Kuminga. It's a top 4 in my eyes not a top 5. 

The good news for the Bulls pick is I think picks 5 to like 15 are all of comparable talent level so we if we get pick 9 from the Bulls that could wind up being the guy we have ranked 6th. 

I see the argument here that Kuminga is a step below the other 4. If we don’t get Cade, I want Green... I’d find a way to be sold on Mobley or Suggs but Cade/Green are my 1/2 pretty easily. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I see the argument here that Kuminga is a step below the other 4. If we don’t get Cade, I want Green... I’d find a way to be sold on Mobley or Suggs but Cade/Green are my 1/2 pretty easily. 

Totally agree.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think a lot of us are on the Cade/Green bandwagon and ok with Mobley/Suggs if they're both gone already. Huge drop off in talent after those 4.

On another note, even though we benefitted from it.  LAC should be fined for intentionally losing their last two games just to avoid LAL. Does make me care a little less that they did it to OKC after what they've pulled 2nd half of the season though.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It's tough. I was right there with you with Green as the clear #2 guy in this class but I've warmed more on Mobley enough where he and Green are more 2a (Green)/2b (Mobley)

Green is flashier because he's got elite scoring upside but I don't think you can underestimate the impact Mobley could have as a scheme versatile 7 footer who can protect the rim and guard on the perimeter while on offense being able to handle the ball, pass and (probably at some point) shoot. A frontcourt of he and Isaac might be the best defense in basketball 3 years from now. 

Giddey has ended his season to focus on the draft (apparently it was a joint decision by his agent, his team and the NBL. I guess the NBL want to show the 'future stars' is a viable option for guys and having someone like Giddey injure himself when the rest of his draft peers are no longer playing basketball would be tough to sell). He finished his season with averages of 10.9/7.3/7.6 while leading the NBL in assists. 

6 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Prayers answered! Now for a little ping pong ball luck and we are off to the races!

Hope we get what you’re looking for because I sure don’t expect it to happen.  Preparing myself for a 20-30 win year next season and early calls for tanking.  Once the tanking disease starts, it’s very hard to get over it.  

• Downvote 1