CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

If the players lose on purpose they are idiots. It's irrelevant what I want. I would prefer we lose tonight. I would prefer the players do their best to win. GMs can tank. Coaches and players can't.

The manner in which we lose this most meaningless of games is irrelevant, but if Henny can make it happen great 

1 minute ago, gobucsmagic said:

Your assertion that we lost on purpose for multiple seasons is stupid. There, I said it 

Disagree with me all you want, Jaque Vaughn's entire tenure was losing on purpose. Unless you mean the players. In that case, sure. They tried to win. And failed. Monstrously. By design. But tell yourself what you want. If three seasons <25 wins isn't enough for you, nothing will be.

4 minutes ago, gobucsmagic said:

The manner in which we lose this most meaningless of games is irrelevant, but if Henny can make it happen great 

Are you under the impression that Rob Hennigan is still out GM?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Disagree with me all you want, Jaque Vaughn's entire tenure was losing on purpose. Unless you mean the players. In that case, sure. They tried to win. And failed. Monstrously. By design. But tell yourself what you want. If three seasons <25 wins isn't enough for you, nothing will be.

And the alternative was signing all the big FA’s who were knocking down our door at that time and winning championships I suppose. Pffft

Just now, gobucsmagic said:

And the alternative was signing all the big FA’s who were knocking down our door at that time and winning championships I suppose. Pffft

Would have been the exact same result if we hadn't tanked at all so...

2 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Are you under the impression that Rob Hennigan is still out GM?

I’m driving in a car between Orlando and Melbourne and mistyped. 

11 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

No. No you did not. You made excuses for why they didn't. I don't care about excuses. You know what other teams have excuses? Teams that didn't tank. If I have to choose which team I'd rather have been watching, a team that tried and had to make excuses for why they didn't get it done, and one who sucked on purpose for years only to end up with the same results... I'll take a team who at least gives themselves a chance.

You mean like a team who made the playoffs 10 times in 11 years, went to the WCF twice and the finals once, had 2 MVPs and like 5 All Stars? I'm sure OKC fans are just mortified that they watched all that sucking basketball (exactly 2 seasons of wins in the 20s) before that. 

2 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Would have been the exact same result if we hadn't tanked at all so...

Right, but it also wasn’t an option so there’s that 

4 minutes ago, gobucsmagic said:

Right, but it also wasn’t an option so there’s that 

There were other options. By all reports we could have gotten any number of players. We chose picks and expiring contracts. Hell, we probably could have gotten Harden, honestly.

9 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

You mean like a team who made the playoffs 10 times in 11 years, went to the WCF twice and the finals once, had 2 MVPs and like 5 All Stars? I'm sure OKC fans are just mortified that they watched all that sucking basketball (exactly 2 seasons of wins in the 20s) before that. 

I'm pretty sure OKC fans are no happier with those years than fans in Houston, Memphis, Boston, or any other perennial playoff team that didn't win it all over those years, except they didn't have to suffer tanking multiple seasons.

6 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

There were other options. By all reports we could have gotten any number of players. We chose picks and expiring contracts. Hell, we probably could have gotten Harden, honestly.

Who? Andrew Bynum lol. If there was a snowballs chance of getting Harden I’m sure we would have gone all in. Since we’ll never know who was and wasn’t available it’s kind of hard to speculate, but typically when you’re forced to trade your top player (and he is forcing his way to a particular team) it sort of naturally leads to a rebuild and a few rough years. This idea that we chose to be bad rather than choosing to be good is silly though. The later option was never really on the table 

2 minutes ago, gobucsmagic said:

Who? Andrew Bynum lol. If there was a snowballs chance of getting Harden I’m sure we would have gone all in. Since we’ll never know it’s kind of hard to speculate, but typically when you’re forced to trade your top player it sort of naturally leads to a rebuild and a few rough years. This idea that we chose to be bad rather than choosing to be good is silly. The later option was never really on the table 

Several reports that we could have had Curry, but were worried about his injuries. Dwight was a significantly better deal than what OKC got for Harden. No reason to think OKC wouldn't have gone for it. Plenty of teams have lost great players and continued rebuilt without multiple seasons of tanking.