CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

11 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

anyone else excited if we draft Scottie Barnes and Jalen Johnson with the 7th and 8th pick

Not really. Got to dream big THIS TIME. Front Office has us covered though. They have been doing a good job. 

OKC, CLE, and DET all going to lose tonight. I get what you all say about our young guys winning, growing, etc., but when you watch those teams that tank for real take the Greens, the Cades, the Balls, Suggs etc., and we end up with 6 or 7 in a 5 player draft you have to really think about it...

Just simmed Tankathon twice and on back to back sims I got us at #1 and the Bulls at #4. In general any scenario where the Bulls get top 4 is cursed but if it means we get Cade, Mobley or Green I'll live with it. 

I'm not really concerned if the Bulls jump into the top 4 other than the fact that it could knock us further down, not really hot on anyone in the 5-10 range this year. 2022 draft should have much more depth with it having one and done plus high schoolers so I don't think it's the end of the world if we get their pick next year instead.

Also, going to stay away from Tankathons simulator, just tried it and we dropped to 9 while Bulls landed at 2. I would legit baby rage if that happened.

It's just simulating real odds for our team... I wonder if someone would do a deep dive and see how many times we have screwed ourselves out of a better draft pick based on not commiting to tanking when we should have. I can remember I think three years ago literally winning the last game of the season screwed us and so last night against detroit I wonder if that will end up being that decisive game that's separates us from a 1st or second pick or ending up at 8 or 9

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

I'm not really concerned if the Bulls jump into the top 4 other than the fact that it could knock us further down, not really hot on anyone in the 5-10 range this year. 2022 draft should have much more depth with it having one and done plus high schoolers so I don't think it's the end of the world if we get their pick next year instead.

Also, going to stay away from Tankathons simulator, just tried it and we dropped to 9 while Bulls landed at 2. I would legit baby rage if that happened.

The 2022 draft will not have high schoolers in it. To my knowledge that's just been a rumour and never been announced/confirmed.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The 2022 draft will not have high schoolers in it. To my knowledge that's just been a rumour and never been announced/confirmed.

Nope, it's not a rumour. Silver confirmed that they have submitted proposals to the NBPA for high school players to be eligible for the 2022 draft. Obviously it has not been confimed as of yet. (And yes it's more likely it's declined than accepted as things stand.)

Point still stands anyway. Its a 4 player draft, none of those 4 are superstar talents and the drop off after those 4 players is massive so not bothered that the CHI pick doesn't convey this year.

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

Nope, it's not a rumour. Silver confirmed that they have submitted proposals to the NBPA for high school players to be eligible for the 2022 draft. Obviously it has not been confimed as of yet. (And yes it's more likely it's declined than accepted as things stand.)

Point still stands anyway. Its a 4 player draft, none of those 4 are superstar talents and the drop off after those 4 players is massive so not bothered that the CHI pick doesn't convey this year.

I haven't seen a source from anytime in the past year+ confirming its happening. Also haven't seen any HS guys on any draft boards. 

I'm under the assumption it's not happening until something concretely suggests otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

Sam Vecinie new mock has us at 4 and 8 (it used order from like a week ago) and picking Jalen Green and Moses Moody. That'd be pretty great. (Giddey went #10 which would have been even better lol)