CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Unlike previous years, seeing rooks like Cole, RJ and Chuma (prior to the ankle injury) go full throttle down the stretch and grow is not only interesting... it’s admirable. It’s hard to say whether their growth will ruin our chance for a top pick, but I’m glad to see the fight in these (very) young guys.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

anyone else excited if we draft Scottie Barnes and Jalen Johnson with the 7th and 8th pick

I might be okay with either of them at #7 and Josh Giddey at #8, but no to both Barnes and J Johnson. 

27 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

It would hurt my soul to see Chicago move up to the top three and we get pick number 8

That would definitely be aggravating. 

If we get #7 and #8 I'm taking Keon Johnson or Moses Moody and Josh Giddey (provided none of those guys are picked #6) and feeling ok about it to be honest. Like I'm not super happy about that outcome but I think you're still adding 2 guys with high upside. 

• Upvote 2

It's all still up in the air. I just used the tankathon simulator.  Pressed it 10 times and we were in the top four more then half of the time. You know what that means?

Absolutely nothing. It's random, yes if i did it 10,000 times the teams ahead of us would be there more often. Yes we all understand how we can get pushed back farther, but what can we do? It's going to be a long time to till lottery night, at least this sub is realistic about all this. 

I'm starting to be a big fan of Moody and Giddey. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'd love to hear suggestions of what else we could have done to try and not win that game? 

Let's not forget there's still a lottery. Charlotte had something like the 8th worst odds last season and ended up getting Lamelo Ball. 

Easy. When they are closing in you with very little time left you put 5 guys on the floor that understand that the ball CAN NOT go in OUR basket for the rest of the game! You have your worst ball handler play PG.

11 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Easy. When they are closing in you with very little time left you put 5 guys on the floor that understand that the ball CAN NOT go in OUR basket for the rest of the game! You have your worst ball handler play PG.

Players don't tank. Any that would aren't guys I want on the roster. 

• Upvote 1

There’s no way I want to pull our hungry rooks who are balling to intentionally lose. That will create a toxic culture. Do I want a top pick? Absolutely... but let’s not sabotage the young guys in the process.

I get what people are saying about not wanting to have players playing to lose but jeez we’re about to go 10yrs since Dwight and all we can do is lose in the first round.

we started tanking b4 the Celtics, Dallas, lakers, and philly and their all in better positions then us because of getting top picks

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

There’s no way I want to pull our hungry rooks who are balling to intentionally lose. That will create a toxic culture. Do I want a top pick? Absolutely... but let’s not sabotage the young guys in the process.

I also love Cole and RJ’s fire, but man do I hope they just come up a little short to wind out the season. I suppose it all comes down to the lottery anyway.