CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

right i meant we are all hoping for them to be 9 right. That has the least amount of odds that i had described in one of my posts but still giving us an actual decent pick. I'd love for it to be 7 and not jump in the top 4 but the percentages are to much risk.

We MUST lose to Detroit tonight and put us back in a 3 way tie for 2nd. 
Somehow this team has got to learn to stop winning meaningless games and screwing ourselves in the lottery at the end of the season!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We are identical in win loss record last 10 games 3-7. Someone posted the the injury reports for both teams, tons of guys out. It's  probably a coin flip.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

We are identical in win loss record last 10 games 3-7. Someone posted the the injury reports for both teams, tons of guys out. It's  probably a coin flip.

We lost the flip the other night and won the game. Our turn to win the flip and lose a well played game.

This is unbelievably frustrating. I get that players want to win... but we need to be in that bottom 4 for it to be near even odds. At 5th/6th best, we really lose out. We need to stop this. I want our guys to develop and play well.... but c'mon man... time and place! 

• Upvote 1

It will be an absolute disaster not to get a 1-4 draft pick this year...

again we are winning meaningless games to end up with the average talent instead of future all stars....

6 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

C'mon guys, you played great! Now lose this!

Edit - another meaningless win. Here we go again!

4 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

This is unbelievably frustrating. I get that players want to win... but we need to be in that bottom 4 for it to be near even odds. At 5th/6th best, we really lose out. We need to stop this. I want our guys to develop and play well.... but c'mon man... time and place! 

13 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

It will be an absolute disaster not to get a 1-4 draft pick this year...

again we are winning meaningless games to end up with the average talent instead of future all stars....

I'd love to hear suggestions of what else we could have done to try and not win that game? 

Let's not forget there's still a lottery. Charlotte had something like the 8th worst odds last season and ended up getting Lamelo Ball. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'd love to hear suggestions of what else we could have done to try and not win that game? 

Let's not forget there's still a lottery. Charlotte had something like the 8th worst odds last season and ended up getting Lamelo Ball. 

First we had to start resting veterans earlier. Even before trades we had to shut down veterans. We have beaten Nets, Suns at home just days before trades...

Second, it is better to have higher chances at the top 3 pick, which means we must have bottom 3 worst record...

2 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

First we had to start resting veterans earlier. Even before trades we had to shut down veterans. We have beaten Nets, Suns at home just days before trades...

Second, it is better to have higher chances at the top 3 pick, which means we must have bottom 3 worst record...

Right but I didn't ask how we could have tanked better over the course of the season. Because obviously the answer is "not start the season trying to make the playoffs". 

I am aware how probability works. But we can get a bottom 3 record and still pick 6th or 7th. So let's not worry too much about it. It might work out that winning this Pistons game puts us in the position that ends up with the #1 pick. The only odds that guarantees top 5 is the worst odds and we never had a shot at that anyway.