CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Our young man Josh Giddey with some killer court vision against Brisbane tonight. Watching some of him playing for Adelaide you can definitely see the poise and the talent level. It's not questionable at this point. Tonight he became the first player in our Australian competition to record a back-to-back set of triple double games. He started the year off slow and came off the bench and he has just transcended the competition. I watched Joe Ingles regularly when he was 18-19 when I still went to see games and watch a lot, saw a bit of young Patty Mills. I imagine the level of competition here now is at least as strong now if not more so, and his control of the game and how quickly it's all settled down for him in just a few short months is really positive. And obviously I think it's easy to say while Mills and Jingles are "shooters" this kid is just much more of a gamer. He's not efficient shooting wise but he's averaging 11, 7 and 7 in a league that hasn't quite got the same pace and space qualities as the US and I really see him doing well in the LaMelo mold

Picture1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

This is the content we like. I'm gonna go look for highlights of the game now. 

SBS On Demand if they don't region-block you, you can make an account on here with your fb, theres a couple full adelaide games on it as well as 16 min vid of tonight

• Upvote 1

I'm a simple man, I want one of Cade or Giddey in the draft. If you get #1 you take Cade. If you get anything but #1 you take whoever you like and grab Giddey with the Bulls pick. 

(I swear to god on draft night when the Bulls pick is on the clock and Giddey is available and we take Isaiah Jackson I'm going to break stuff)

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm a simple man, I want one of Cade or Giddey in the draft. If you get #1 you take Cade. If you get anything but #1 you take whoever you like and grab Giddey with the Bulls pick. 

(I swear to god on draft night when the Bulls pick is on the clock and Giddey is available and we take Isaiah Jackson I'm going to break stuff)

Oh i feel yah man. That will be me if say we get like 5 and 9 and they take two more combo forwards. You know the usual, not big enough to dominate in the paint, not fast enough to chase wings around screens. 

6 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I keep being drawn to Garuba for the Bulls pick. I like him alot. 

He's making big big strides recently here in Europe, same team where Doncic was playing, he has surely talent but not at the same level and I'm not sure he'll be a seamless fit in the NBA. Worth a look for sure.

On 4/22/2021 at 10:43 AM, Jay Magic said:

I want Bones Hyland 

On 4/22/2021 at 10:53 AM, CTMagicUK said:

I like Bones a lot, I only didn't mention either him or Deuce McBride above because I can't really see where we've got roster space for another PG especially one who doesn't have the size to play any other position. But in a vacuum both guys would be on that list I just posted. 

You know I've been watching a bit more Bones and I think he should probably be a first round pick so in that sense id love him with our 2nd rounder. The shooting versatility is pretty special. 

To be fair if he plays with a +size PG he could quite easily play an off ball gunner role at times and he's got the handle to create for himself some. 

I heard someone describe him as the spiritual successor to Jamal Crawford which is fun. 

13 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Looks like the Bulls pick odds are gonna wind up 7 - 9. Our pick will wind up anywhere from 2 - 6. 

we want them to be 9 right? Is there any info on when the draft lottery is?

36 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

we want them to be 9 right? Is there any info on when the draft lottery is?

We want it to be as high as possible but not top 4. 

Lottery is June 22.