CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

10 hours ago, hootie249 said:

How much in cash considerations will Weltman  get for that pick?

FWIW, if we do wind up drafting two first rounders, it actually wouldn’t surprise me if they do something else with that second rounder. 

8 hours ago, JJZFL said:

FWIW, if we do wind up drafting two first rounders, it actually wouldn’t surprise me if they do something else with that second rounder. 

Yeah i would believe this, which makes one wonder, what is the point of the G-league? Why can't teams draft 2nd rounders and put them on their G-league teams? 

I know it's a CBA thing, something like if they aren't on the 15 man then you can do that but then any team can sign that player. It just makes no sense, but i get that it makes sense for the players. SMH.

Usman Garuba, one of the best defensive players in Europe at 19 and a first round pick in the coming draft, showing some Bam like ball handling here:

Starting to worry that, as one of the few prospects still playing right now, Josh Giddey will play his way into the top 8 or so and thus be out of reach with the Bulls pick... He had 13 points and 12 assists a couple of days.

At least then I can pretend like we were going to pick him if he fell. Rather than if he made it to the Bulls pick and we didn't take him which would just depress me.

ive been playing with the draft sim online and its is painful to watch on average 80% of the time getting the pick being #4 - #8 - The odds just arent in our favor of getting #1 -#3 in fact 25% of the time we get the #7 or #8 pick.

Do NOT get your hopes up.

image.png.c25fa9f94f68be1981819fbcd73d2543.png

22 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

ive been playing with the draft sim online and its is painful to watch on average 80% of the time getting the pick being #4 - #8 - The odds just arent in our favor of getting #1 -#3 in fact 25% of the time we get the #7 or #8 pick.

Do NOT get your hopes up.

image.png.c25fa9f94f68be1981819fbcd73d2543.png

Don’t bring that curse up in here!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

haha...we used to have magical touch and after shaq and penny we have been cursed. In fact all of the changes have been made to make us getting the #1 harder and hard since 1993

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Im telling u. Its almost like people want us to get *****ed over lol 

https://www.patreon.com/posts/g-i-d-d-ey-49984471

If you've got a spare half hour to read about my current draft crush (Giddey!) I recommend this piece. The writing style is raw and unfiltered but the dude who put it together knows basketball and has built a whole online persona around basketball prospect development. There's also a bunch of clips to illustrate the points being made. Here's a snippet from near the conclusion:

"My interest in Giddey is that he is a rare prospect with multiple independent developmental pathways to value - physical development, OTD shooting, handle. If any one of those aspects were to grow, Giddey becomes a different sort of prospect and with corresponding lineup considerations. Josh “Eevee” Giddey, many people are saying. There is a chance that all aspects could grow, even to medium amounts and then Giddey the t5 value play is made clear. That’s the main difference between Giddey and like Hali or Zo, they were always gonna be something similar to what they are and the connector idea was a fit idea. Giddey could be a pull-up shooter, Giddey could become an athlete, Giddey could be a primary with a handle - and thats not a connector in any real bet. The relative odds of that circumstance are very relative to your own beliefs on how skills develop."

EDIT: I just realised that yesterday alone I read this, watched a 30 min interview/film breakdown with Giddey and also listened to a podcast where he was discussed. I might be inconsolable if we have the chance to draft him and don't. 

• Like 2