CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Mobley's feel, versatility and that he's very perimeter oriented makes me not worried about taking him if he's available. To be fair, Jaren Jackson was trending in the right direction until his injury.

8 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Mobley's feel, versatility and that he's very perimeter oriented makes me not worried about taking him if he's available. To be fair, Jaren Jackson was trending in the right direction until his injury.

I think he is going to be a top top player

I'm not sold on Fultz as the Point Guard of the future.

WIth our pick and the Bulls pick I'd take a PG and a wing (SG/SF) and let the PG fight Fultz for the starting spot

Isaac, Chuma and WCJ/Bamba could make an exciting frontcourt

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

WIth our pick and the Bulls pick I'd take a PG and a wing (SG/SF) and let the PG fight Fultz for the starting spot

I think much of this will come down to Fultz's shot. He's great defensively and is very quick, but he very well could become Elfrid Payton 2.0. With WCJ and JI with the help defense, it's likely more important for us to have an offensive-minded PG rather than a defensive stopper whom will struggle to spread the floor. 

6 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I think much of this will come down to Fultz's shot. He's great defensively and is very quick, but he very well could become Elfrid Payton 2.0. With WCJ and JI with the help defense, it's likely more important for us to have an offensive-minded PG rather than a defensive stopper whom will struggle to spread the floor. 

Personally think Fultz was better last year than Elfrid has been at any point in his career. 

21 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

We also have Cole.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Such is why Suggs really intrigues me. Beyond his offensive skill set, he’s a phenomenal defender. I could see Suggs and Fultz starting together.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Personally think Fultz was better last year than Elfrid has been at any point in his career. 

We also have Cole.

Yeah, I think between Fultz/Cole/Hampton... one of them will be the PG that we commit to. I find it hard to believe that none of them are going to at least be effective at running an offense. 

Looking at our current players and knowing what the front office likes (length and versatility)...who makes sense? There will always be the argument of "best available..." but I'm just thinking best fit.

1. Anthony (6'2)
  2. Randle (6'2)
  3. Fultz (6'3)
  4. Mane (6'3)
  5. Hampton (6'4)
  6. Harris (6'4)
  7. MCW (6'5)
  8. Bacon (6'6)
  9. Ennis (6'6)
  10. Okeke (6'6)
  11. Ross (6'6)
  12. Porter (6'8)
  13. Birch (6'9)
  14. WCJ (6'10)
  15. Isaac (6'11)
  16. Bamba (7'0)

We have a lot of youth (Fultz/Anthony/Hampton) that are under 6'5... so I think 6'6 and up will be the aim. Here's my top 5:

1. Cade Cunningham (don't think he'll reach us)
  2. Jalen Green
  3. Scottie Barnes
  4. Jonathan Kuminga
  5. Jalen Suggs
  • Cade Cunningham (6'8) -- unless we start majorly tanking and Minnesota wins...we will probably not land him. Especially if we are anywhere outside top 2. Minny could pass on him because I feel like he has a similar game to Anthony Edwards even though they play different positions but they're looking for anyone to pair alongside Towns/DJ. 
  • Jalen Suggs (6'4) -- I don't think we go here unless the FO is just in love with him. If they do, I expect we will see a trade of one of the younger guys. You don't want to have Fultz/Anthony/Hampton/Harris/Suggs/MCW -- that's a similar logjam to what we had at forward before all these trades. 
  • Scottie Barnes (6'5) -- could be an option but seems similar to Isaac...elite potential at everything but scoring. Not sure they want another one like that unless Okeke takes off as a star. 
  • Jalen Green (6'6) -- has already been in the G-League, so could be more pro-ready than some of the others since he's been around NBA level players. According to reports, looks good as a scorer, which is what we need at the 2 since we traded Evan. 
  • Jonathan Kuminga (6'7) -- don't know much about him but most of the reports say he's the one flying under the radar. If Okeke slides into the SG spot, Kuminga could be that SF alongside Isaac at 4 and Birch/Bamba/WCJ at 5. That gives a lot of quickness and length.

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Feel like this needs to be posted. The odds are identical for teams finishing in the bottom 3 for all of the top 3 picks

BF088C48-BDE6-49EE-9592-69CF2102F9A5.png

People should definitely be aware that the odds barely change from 4-6. (We're probably not getting into top 3)

This is why I'll never be mad at our young guys getting wins. Young team developing >>> extra 5% odds at a game of chance.

I know this is kind of sacrilegious but I'm sort of secretly hoping we don't get Cade and get Jalen Green. I just think his space creation and burst are special and could make him a really great scorer and he's a much better fit with the rest of the roster (I know that shouldn't really be in consideration and if we get 1 I'd still jump at drafting Cade and figure it out but I'm a Fultz believer and think he and Cade is a more difficult fit).