CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

If we don’t come out of this draft with an alpha scorer we’re in trouble. I think you do whatever you have to get that player. 

Give me a combo of Cade or Green with our pick and Kispert with the Bulls pick. Get the alpha scorer and then give them shooters to create the space 

• Upvote 2

I'm really not certain Houston, Detroit or Minnesota will win enough games to overtake us so we might have to settle for the 4th best odds. 

I'm really really concerned that Chicago will leap us in the lottery. It doesn't look like they're making the playoffs and that fixes them in that 6-12 range. They currently have a 20% chance of getting a top 4 pick compared to our 48% chance. If they dropped to 6th (would require Washington, Toronto and OKC to overtake them which is unlikely but not impossible) they'd have a 37% chance at top 4. 

I'm not going to lie I'm more concerned about Cade than most people. He doesn't have a lot of burst or explosiveness and I'm worried that without the ability to get to the rim at will it hampers his ability to leverage his passing. His avenue to being a big time scorer in the NBA is tough. It's either an improvement in explosiveness and athleticism (not sure how likely that is) or a lot of tough jumpers combined with posting up smaller guys and getting to the rim in pick and roll. 

He's still a terrific passer, shot maker and defensive player and that's probably enough for him to be the clear #1 still but for example Jalen Green shot a better percentage at the rim in the G-League against grown men then Cade did in college (now to be fair Cade was often facing incredibly stacked defenses etc but it's still something to consider). 

I think when it comes to the playoffs or crunch time you might just be basically hoping Cade hits a bunch of tough jumpers because teams will guard him with a wing and switch every action.

I'm not a big fan of the Grant Hill comparison because I think Grant, in his prime, was a lot more explosive. I actually think like a point forward Paul Pierce is what you're hoping for. 

(I should note I had a lot of these kinds of concerns about Tyrese Haliburton who has been very good so far in the NBA so it's quite possible I'm just overly sensitive to guys with limited burst as high lottery picks- though it remains to be seen how Haliburton will fair when teams lock in on him in a playoff setting, and Hali also plays with Fox who attracts a lot of attention)

Bulls next 6 games;

@Phoenix @Utah vs Brooklyn @Indiana @Toronto @Atlanta

Lavine is injured and trying to play through it, he's playing very bad because of it. Defensively they are an utter mess, they have no PG. They could quite easily lose 5 of the next 6. If that happens I start to get a little worried about them getting lucky and jumping into the top 4. That happens we get their 2022 1st (top 3 protection) No idea what next years draft class is meant to be like.

3 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

Bulls next 6 games;

@Phoenix @Utah vs Brooklyn @Indiana @Toronto @Atlanta

Lavine is injured and trying to play through it, he's playing very bad because of it. Defensively they are an utter mess, they have no PG. They could quite easily lose 5 of the next 6. If that happens I start to get a little worried about them getting lucky and jumping into the top 4. That happens we get their 2022 1st (top 3 protection) No idea what next years draft class is meant to be like.

It’s 2022 unprotected. So we’re gonna get a good pick regardless. I dont rate the Bulls and Vooch ain’t raising their ceiling. 

14 minutes ago, harley said:

It’s 2022 unprotected. So we’re gonna get a good pick regardless. I dont rate the Bulls and Vooch ain’t raising their ceiling. 

It's top 3 protected in 2022 and it would push the 2023 pick to top 3 protected in 2024 but your point stands. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's top 3 protected in 2022 and it would push the 2023 pick to top 3 protected in 2024 but your point stands. 

Ok sweet. Thought it was unprotected. ***** I’m nervous already and we still got 3 months to go lol 

33 minutes ago, harley said:

Ok sweet. Thought it was unprotected. ***** I’m nervous already and we still got 3 months to go lol 

Yea the lottery is going to be tense. 

4 hours ago, harley said:

Yep,

As I said in my original post, it's top 3 protected next year. Link below is what I use to check how/what picks we have. Some of the 2nd rounds I had completely forgotten about. You need to scroll down a bit to get to them.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/orlando-magic-team-salary/

6 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I hope with 2 1st round picks we draft at least 1 guy that can already shoot and isn't injury prone.

Why are you so greedy? Lol 

• Upvote 1