CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

On 3/24/2021 at 9:51 AM, CTMagicUK said:

I'm hoping the Magic can do something good with our early 2nd this season. 

A guy like JT Thor for example (great name) has entered the draft but will probably withdraw and go back to school and it wouldn't surprise me if he's a first round pick next season. Why not tell a guy in that mould (i.e. a guy who if he goes back to school will probably be a first round pick but next year but doesn't have the buzz this year) that if they stay in the draft we'll pick them at 34? 

That's like getting a free extra first round pick.

Have you been paying any attention to Neemias Queta? Soon to be the first Portuguese player in the NBA.

Could be a great defensive 5

17 hours ago, harley said:

With no AG, Barnes would now be a perfect fit with our second 1st rounder. He would be a piece for the rebuild. 

Disagree personally. Not because I don't like Barnes but because I don't think he's got a way to reliably score as an NBA player. 

On 3/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Have you been paying any attention to Neemias Queta? Soon to be the first Portuguese player in the NBA.

Could be a great defensive 5

Don't know a lot about him but stats and reports sound very interesting.

• Like 1

Villanova/Baylor starts soon and has at least 3 NBA prospects in it. 

Baylor's backcourt of Davison Mitchell and Jared Butler are both probably first rounders this year.

Villanova have Jeremiah Robinson-Earl who's widely regarded as a top 60 guy in this draft. 

There are a couple of fringe or potentially multi year prospects on both sides too. 

I'm intrigued by Alperen Sengun. 18 years old averaging 19/9/2/1/1 on (allegedly) 69% TS against grown men in the Turkish league (in less than 30 mpg). 

He's an undersized and not overwhelmingly athletic center (it'd be a shock if Weltman and Hammond draft him to be honest) so god knows how that translates but if Luka Doncic has taught us anything it's that you shouldn't ignore historically great production from teenagers in Europe.  

On 3/26/2021 at 8:12 AM, crisby pancakes said:

I'm all in on Cade or Jaylen Green, if they're gone then Moody. Absolutely do not want Mobley or Kuminga would be gutted if we picked one of them.

Yeah i want Moody with one of our picks. He had a poor shooting game yesterday so maybe he is in range with the Bulls pick. 

I’m big on Suggs, but I think people are sleeping on kuminga if he’s available I’m definitely taking him at 4-5. To move like he does is special especially as a PF