CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

On 3/18/2021 at 12:47 PM, fan for too long 2 said:

Comparing Ayo Dosunmu to Elfrid Payton 

hahahhahahahaha. This guy is clueless. 

I also don’t agree with this comparison, but man it seems appropriate in this performance lol

Just now, Jason Funderburker said:

I also don’t agree with this comparison, but man it seems appropriate in this performance lol

Lol. I just came to post about his poor play today.

44 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Lol. I just came to post about his poor play today.

Not his best effort. But whole team played lackluster disappointing. Ayo’s Weakness is not being able to go left. If he figures that out, he’s going to be special. If not, he will struggle at next level. Kofi on the other hand is going to be hard to handle down low on any level. 

I'm hoping the Magic can do something good with our early 2nd this season. 

A guy like JT Thor for example (great name) has entered the draft but will probably withdraw and go back to school and it wouldn't surprise me if he's a first round pick next season. Why not tell a guy in that mould (i.e. a guy who if he goes back to school will probably be a first round pick but next year but doesn't have the buzz this year) that if they stay in the draft we'll pick them at 34? 

That's like getting a free extra first round pick.

I wouldn’t put it past this front office to go big once again. Would anyone really be surprised if they took Evan Mobley and tried to play him at the four next two Vooch? lol. Even tho Mobley is essentially the perfect modern day center. But that also means being a Chris Bosh/young Aldridge type.

im all in on Cade, Green, or Kuminga personally. A lot of this all hinges on if orlando Is going to get a starting caliber player back in Gordon or Fournier deals. If Orlando could net like Trent Jr or Obi Toppin it could have major ripples on what Orlando does with a top 5 pick 

edit...just a side note. But the Kuminga initial fit may be a mess, as exciting a talent as he is...he was horrendous from Three in the g league. While him and Isaac would be interchangeable pieces at the forward spots...I’d be a little worried about these guys being able to consistently hit the open three...which will kill you in today’s game 

We have to finish with the second worse record.  I think Minnesota 5 games ahead would be tough to catch, even though Russell is coming back soon.  Good news is Minnesota and Houston play each other 3 times and we have head to heads with those two and Detroit.  Second worse means the lowest pick possible would be sixth.   Top 5 in this draft I think is a must, though I kind of like Keon Johnson.  

9 minutes ago, og magic fan said:

We have to finish with the second worse record.  I think Minnesota 5 games ahead would be tough to catch, even though Russell is coming back soon.  Good news is Minnesota and Houston play each other 3 times and we have head to heads with those two and Detroit.  Second worse means the lowest pick possible would be sixth.   Top 5 in this draft I think is a must, though I kind of like Keon Johnson.  

As long as we’re in the bottom 3, we’ll be ok. New rules have all of the bottom 3 with the same lotto odds of getting 1.

If Vooch really loves us he’ll lose a step and our new pick from Chicago will finish as a top 10 pick too! :)

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

This thread is about to take a hammering the next couple months.

Admittedly, I’ve not watched a lot of college basketball this year, but I’ve not been overly impressed with Suggs thus far in the tournament.