CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

If the season ended today we'd have the highest probability of picking #6 with 27%. Let's say we don't get a top 5 pick, who do people like? 

I've said previously my guys are Bouknight, Springer and Williams but interested to hear guys other people like.

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

My point is people shouldn't worry about something which we actually can't control (because lottery odds). And that no matter where we pick in the lottery we've got a shot at a franchise changer. And it really doesn't matter what people thought of a guy once you draft him. You think if we draft Kuminga and he busts people are gonna be like "Still glad we got that top 5 pick, we picked the right guy but he just didn't pan out" or are they going to say "why didn't we pick [X player picked 10th who's a star]?"  

I get this mentality, and you are right. But I don’t think this FO has given fans much trust that they would be able to find that guy in the teens who ends up becoming a star

5 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I get this mentality, and you are right. But I don’t think this FO has given fans much trust that they would be able to find that guy in the teens who ends up becoming a star

To be fair, Weltman and Hammond's only outright "bad" draft pick from a pure talent perspective (i.e. not injuries) appears to be Bamba (even if I personally still have some hope there). It's a little early for Cole and Okeke but they seem like pretty good picks to me. 

But I do definitely understand where you're coming from. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

If the season ended today we'd have the highest probability of picking #6 with 27%. Let's say we don't get a top 5 pick, who do people like? 

I've said previously my guys are Bouknight, Springer and Williams but interested to hear guys other people like.

Think I’d look at Bouknight, Keon Johnson, Scottie Barnes, Moody. I’m usually all for BPA over fit, but we desperately need a wing that can play the 2/3. Our biggest hole by far, especially if the plan with Evan is to just let him expire and walk.

34 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Think I’d look at Bouknight, Keon Johnson, Scottie Barnes, Moody. I’m usually all for BPA over fit, but we desperately need a wing that can play the 2/3. Our biggest hole by far, especially if the plan with Evan is to just let him expire and walk.

Scottie Barnes is the exact type of player I always love (great defender, great passer) I just can't see his fit on our team. He doesn't seem to have a clear offensive role in the NBA.

Bouknight for me. Then Keon/Moody. If it was pure upside you might swing for Z Williams. 
Bouknight looks like the Alpha scorer we need. 

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Scottie Barnes is the exact type of player I always love (great defender, great passer) I just can't see his fit on our team. He doesn't seem to have a clear offensive role in the NBA.

Admittedly it’s my Nole homerism showing on Scottie. The same homerism that makes me pretend Dwayne Bacon is a decent NBA player

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

I wouldn't want to finish with the worst record, you most likely drop to 5th pick. Odd for picking there are massive (48%) and there's only a minor drop off for a top 3 pick if you finish with 4th or 5th worst record (0.8-1.5%.) With our remaining fixtures I only see us with 18-20 wins. That should have us in the 2-5 seed range.

Maybe I’m missing something but I believe the odds simply spread into the lottery from pick two on: http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

Edit: So it seems to me we’d want a top three pick

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Maybe I’m missing something but I believe the odds simply spread into the lottery from pick two on: http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

Edit: So it seems to me we’d want a top three pick

Yeah I don't see us catching Minnesota or Detroit at this point but I can't see what we're wheeling out there being better than any other single player at all. I think we are safely 3rd worst record.