CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

Since we're likely to have a top 5 pick in this draft I thought we'd better get this topic going. Here are the names that seem to be most in the top 5 pick discussion right now (roughly in the order I'd draft them):

Cade Cunningham 

Evan Mobley

Jonathan Kuminga

Jalen Green

Jalen Suggs

• Upvote 1

I predict that when we'll be decently healthy again, we'll still try to be as competitive as possible, and we'll miss the top 5 somehow...

• Upvote 1

Good idea.

I really want Cunningham, like everyone. But I love that Kuminga is emerging as a slightly similar but less heralded player, and then there's still Green. I think that's 3 quality players across the swing positions in a draft we really need to be focusing on.

NBA draft: Jonathan Kuminga making case for top pick - Sports Illustrated

I really hope this is all serendipity for us. Bad luck for a good future outcome. If we get one of these guys and they are impact players straight away... at this point i'd be so happy that I don't think I'd even care if we didn't dismantle the entire roster but ended up with a talent so overwhelming in their gravity that we truly had to build around them right away.

Might be the only way any of us stay sane lol.

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Ayo Dosunmu please, thanks

He's projected late 1st apparently, so are you hoping we get another 1st somewhere along the line or? Because hell, I'd be happy with a lottery and a late 1st and pick up wings with both lol

Kuminga and Isaac going forward will be nasty. Would be my dream. Happy with any of the top 5 though.  For the make up of our team I would argue Green is best fit as our future alpha scorer. That’s why  I wont understand it if we don’t make trades and play the kids for rest of season with the chance to go into next year with a line up of Fultz, Green, AG, JI and Vooch. 

I actually really like a bunch of guys in the late lotto to teen range in this draft (Ziaire Williams, James Bouknight, Sharife Cooper, Franz Wagner to name a few) so I'm really hoping we can pick up another draft pick by trading some guys. 

18 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

He's projected late 1st apparently, so are you hoping we get another 1st somewhere along the line or? Because hell, I'd be happy with a lottery and a late 1st and pick up wings with both lol

I’ve seen 12th pick and rising. And as I watch the Illini he is becoming a hell of a player. Clutch, takes over games. Gained a lot of muscle and unstoppable on fast breaks. The alpha I am looking for. 

4 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I’ve seen 12th pick and rising. And as I watch the Illini he is becoming a hell of a player. Clutch, takes over games. Gained a lot of muscle and unstoppable on fast breaks. The alpha I am looking for. 

Well yeah we do need one of those for sure. Sounds good. Cheers for the info!