Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Vuch is putting up great numbers on a really horrible team. Let’s all keep that in perspective. 

This is a fact, but I’m not a Vuc hater anymore. He really could be good. We just haven’t seen him play with great teammates.

He’s the Bradley Beal of centers

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

This is a fact, but I’m not a Vuc hater anymore. He really could be good. We just haven’t seen him play with great teammates.

I don’t know how anyone could be a hater. He is the only option on offense and other teams still can’t stop him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I don’t know how anyone could be a hater. He is the only option on offense and other teams still can’t stop him

Right. What is yet to be seen is if he can be  a main piece of a contending team.

No knock on him. Vucevic has amazing touch for a big man and is very talented at what he does.

I just find it sad that our front office has never been able to answer that question. Either by giving him better teammates, or by trading him.

I just hate to see great players have worse careers than they should. T-Mac is a great example

13 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

That’s what’s crazy about the situation we are in. Vooch wasn’t the stud he is until Cliff got a hold of him.

Not true but he’s certainly showing he wants to play for a winner.

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I see the hot takes haven’t subsided in my absence.

• Upvote 1

Caught up with Friday night's game. Vuc is awesome and deserves to be an All Star. Also feel like his passing keeps improving. In particular those passes to Birch cutting were awesome. 

MCW was a huge help just by being able to put pressure on the rim. His defense was also great. 

More minutes for Bamba is always good.

19 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Is it though? He was putting up these numbers through our first 8 games when we were healthy and we were 6-2. You put any other star in Vucevic’s spot on this team coupled with the injuries that we’ve had to face and we’re still playing an a bad rotation that isn’t gonna win many games. Nikola’s played incredible basketball this year and if we were battling even half of the amount of injuries as we’ve had so far we’d be in the playoff race.

This times a thousand. 

LeBron wouldn't make the playoffs with this roster and all its injuries.

James Ennis is currently one of our 5 best players. That's no offense to James he's a solid player that could help a few playoff teams off the bench. But you're not winning many games with him as a key player. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

This times a thousand. 

LeBron wouldn't make the playoffs with this roster and all its injuries.

James Ennis is currently one of our 5 best players. That's no offense to James he's a solid player that could help a few playoff teams off the bench. But you're not winning many games with him as a key player. 

I agree with this as well. The season should be chalked up as a lost one already with these devastating injuries. The only thing to look forward to is the continued development of our rookies. Although the way they’ve used Bamba up to this point tells me both the coach and management are still clueless which is a shame. No where in the NBA would you ever see Gary freaking Clark play heavy minutes in a rotation over a number 6 pick, in a year where there are injuries up and down the roster, and yet we still don’t develop the one guy who could really use the playing time and could potentially help us win some games if it finally clicks for him. Hoping to see more Bamba moving forward but that may only happen if we have 6 players available for a game forcing Coach to play the man. 

6 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I agree with this as well. The season should be chalked up as a lost one already with these devastating injuries. The only thing to look forward to is the continued development of our rookies. Although the way they’ve used Bamba up to this point tells me both the coach and management are still clueless which is a shame. No where in the NBA would you ever see Gary freaking Clark play heavy minutes in a rotation over a number 6 pick, in a year where there are injuries up and down the roster, and yet we still don’t develop the one guy who could really use the playing time and could potentially help us win some games if it finally clicks for him. Hoping to see more Bamba moving forward but that may only happen if we have 6 players available for a game forcing Coach to play the man. 

Would have to be only 5 players available 

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Caught up with Friday night's game. Vuc is awesome and deserves to be an All Star. Also feel like his passing keeps improving. In particular those passes to Birch cutting were awesome. 

MCW was a huge help just by being able to put pressure on the rim. His defense was also great. 

More minutes for Bamba is always good.

MCW did play great.  My concern is what sets him apart, which is his intensity and energy, also might set him up for injury.  He seems to only be able to play at full speed all the time.  While I certainly can’t complain about that, I wonder if that style is more likely to lead to injury as he gets older.  

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Frank Mason back, it appears

Scratch that, Frank still out. Only 8 healthy tonight again. MCW/Bacon/Okeke/Clark/Vucevic 

Ross/Birch/Bamba

lets get weird