Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Can Mo or Khem play point guard? Asking for a friend.

Obviously not, but Vuch played 38, Ennis 39 and Ross 41 in the first night of a back to back.  There were plenty of minutes potentially for Mo even without him being a point guard. Okeke played 35 which may be more than we want on his knee, especially first night of a back to back. 

Enjoyed Okeke, when he can play in a team where he just spots up, makes the extra pass and plays defense he's going to be really good. 

Bamba is incredibly unfortunate that the only position we don't have any injuries in is his own but at least he played some real minutes last night, even if it was less than I'd hoped for.

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Mo Bamba was a +18 in 7 minutes... lmao

also, Vooch and Ross combined to shoot 16-50

Lol that's a crazy Mo stat. Though to be fair it didn't really feel like Mo was driving that when he was in the game. If I had to guess I'd say Mo's minutes only came when Steph and Draymond weren't on the floor which would have definitely helped his +/- compared to basically everyone else. 

9 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

It’s a shame we’ve wasted Nik’s prime, he’s a player.

That’s what’s crazy about the situation we are in. Vooch wasn’t the stud he is until Cliff got a hold of him.

5 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Vuch is putting up great numbers on a really horrible team. Let’s all keep that in perspective. 

Yes, good point.

12 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Vuch is putting up great numbers on a really horrible team. Let’s all keep that in perspective. 

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Yes, good point.

Is it though? He was putting up these numbers through our first 8 games when we were healthy and we were 6-2. You put any other star in Vucevic’s spot on this team coupled with the injuries that we’ve had to face and we’re still playing an a bad rotation that isn’t gonna win many games. Nikola’s played incredible basketball this year and if we were battling even half of the amount of injuries as we’ve had so far we’d be in the playoff race.

• Upvote 1

Vooch is the only top draw player that we have and has been for a long time. It's a travesty that the FO hasn't been able to provide a number one option because Vooch would shine even more in that secondary role with a top star drawing away attention and double teams.

Biggest thing for Vooch has been that 3 point shot. Transitioning that in and fading out the long twos has seen him really blossom these last two and a half seasons so comments saying he's only doing it now on an injury riddled team are laughable when he's been performing at this standard for almost 3 seasons. His 3 point % is abnormal this season though.

I don't read too much into Voochs numbers last night though as it was against Walton who shouldnt even be coaching in the NBA tbh. Defensively they were a farce, Walton made zero adjustments. As much as I don't like Cliffords style of play or with how rigid he is in rotations he is light years better than coaches like Walton and there are plenty of Waltons coaching in the NBA right now.