Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

5 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

We do not have a PG. Cole does not show anything yet. Very average at best. Bone is not a basketball player (NBA caliber). Without a PG you can’t win/compete. We either trade for a veteran/solid PG or we must look to trade veterans for drafts and tank.

This guys gets it. Can't win without decent PG play. Either trade for a vet or start tanking. I wish we could get George Hill.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t think panic is the right word, but Markelle is out for the year and who knows when Evan is coming back. Add Isaac to the list and we just need to embrace the year as a wasted year and play for draft positioning. 

Yeah, I think this is a learning year. Hopefully Fultz and Isaac are going to spend a lot of their rehab working on their shot.

I like Gordon getting experience running the offense, and think he’d be a really cool option for running the second unit when the team is at full strength. Anthony could play more off-ball that way. Too bad Okeke is hurt, I think he could have benefited a lot from the game experience since we’re so short handed.

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t think panic is the right word, but Markelle is out for the year and who knows when Evan is coming back. Add Isaac to the list and we just need to embrace the year as a wasted year and play for draft positioning. 

I'm on board. This year we gotta take advantage of the injuries and use it as blessings in disguise

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, the rest of the team not named Nikola Vucevic shot 19-70 from the field today. 27%!!

Disgustingly bad 

That game was an argument against basketball. Dreadful officiating and two horrible offenses just bricking everything.

Feel bad for Vuc, AG and to some extent TRoss. They were good and the team around them gave nothing. Gary Clark has done nothing all year. Dwayne Bacon and James Ennis are both bench wings who are forced into big minutes, Bone just isn't an NBA PG and Cole is being asked way too much of at the moment. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

That game was an argument against basketball. Dreadful officiating and two horrible offenses just bricking everything.

Feel bad for Vuc, AG and to some extent TRoss. They were good and the team around them gave nothing. Gary Clark has done nothing all year. Dwayne Bacon and James Ennis are both bench wings who are forced into big minutes, Bone just isn't an NBA PG and Cole is being asked way too much of at the moment. 

The names around those 3 are unbelievable.

Even the Hinkie Sixers had some fun prospects 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The names around those 3 are unbelievable.

Even the Hinkie Sixers had some fun prospects 

I’m honestly at the point of cutting Clark and replacing him with almost anything or anyone else. We know who he is, and it’s not good. When he got here he was a fun energy guy with a solid 3 ball and at some point along the way he completely forgot how to shoot

37 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m honestly at the point of cutting Clark and replacing him with almost anything or anyone else. We know who he is, and it’s not good. When he got here he was a fun energy guy with a solid 3 ball and at some point along the way he completely forgot how to shoot

Is the second year of his deal guaranteed? I think I read it was a team option but I can't find a source on that now. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Is the second year of his deal guaranteed? I think I read it was a team option but I can't find a source on that now. 

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Yeah, team option. Maybe the goal is to get Chuma back and healthy and then switch GC out for a wing? I think one of the most frustrating parts of our awful shooting is that Vucevic is playing so well and drawing so much attention that all these guys (not including Ross) are missing wide open shots.

I also heard that Aminu had another setback and is requiring more surgery but don’t have time to look for the link right now. I usually trust the players, and they all seem to love our training staff, but the results are getting really concerning