Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

Both teams were incredibly sloppy which is to be expected with such a short preseason but I thought we showed grit. We looked like we were going to throw that game away and then collectively we just decided 'No. We're winning this game'.

I thought Miami basically set the tone for how to defend Fultz which is have a big wing guard him. He's going to have to adjust to that, or we as a team will have to make sure we punish other matchups when that happens. 

On defense I thought Fultz showed flashes of excellence. There were a couple of times where his size and strength really bothered Herro in particular. 

AG was the star for me. We built a lead with him playing in the first half. Blew the lead with him sitting with foul trouble and then brought it back again when he came back in. I don't think that was coincidence. His defense was great and he had timely buckets. 

Both rookies were rookies. They both flashed enough to get you excited and did enough bad stuff to temper your expectations a little. 

Honestly everyone contributed though. Good team win.

Aren’t we supposed to be discussing the Washington game in here rather than the regular season thread?

My opinion:  we cannot count on outscoring them.  We are going to have to play with more energy on defense.