Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

32 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Its just a damn shame we are not at full strength

Full strength i honestly believe we could contend in the East. 

J.I getting injured changed alot

That's honestly, IMO, another illusion. We were not that much better last season in the games we've played before JI injury.
His absence is surely a problem, and I love him more than other players (I always value defense a lot) but he's not the guy who can change the mentality and the lack of leadership in this team as constructed. He's only a great player to have around, not the solution, not now at least, even if he was perfectly healthy... even less with all the bad luck he had.

49 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

But that’s how we build our roster. We draft injured players. Isaac had knee issues in college, Okeke was drafted injured, Cole had health concerns in college and etc we traded for injured Fultz and looks like his shoulder issue is the permanent one, he shoots normally from the midrange and has awkward mechanics shooting 3s

Not to mention whoever AG’s shooting coach has been the last 2 years has really messed with his game. He looks super awkward attempting to pull up for any shot on the court. Let’s not even get started with his feet shuffling before trying to get set for wide open 3 point shots. I’ve noticed his shot has changed drastically and may be part of the problem as to why he’s putting up such terrible numbers.  

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Not to mention whoever AG’s shooting coach has been the last 2 years has really messed with his game. He looks super awkward attempting to pull up for any shot on the court. Let’s not even get started with his feet shuffling before trying to get set for wide open 3 point shots. I’ve noticed his shot has changed drastically and may be part of the problem as to why he’s putting up such terrible numbers.  

Yes, agree. He was coming out from college as a player who can’t shoot. Management and fans for years hope that he will learn! This is such a nonsense. Very few players learned how to shoot or became shooters....if a basketball player can’t shoot growing up he won’t learn it in his late 20s, 30s...but shooting is not his only issue, he can’t post up regularly, always getting stripped by a shorter player, takes low percentage shots, travels, etc in other words his basketball IQ is low...it is frustrating to watch his play most of the time...he makes one positive thing and immediately follows that with the stupid turnover or a low percentage shot...

Just now, Jay Magic said:

Thankfully we have Vooch

But Vuc still doesn’t contest any shots and lets players regularly get easy layups. Wish we could get a player with Vuc’s offense and Khem’s defense. Unfortunately we have both polar extremes that don’t really translate to winning basketball when the games seem to count. He does keep us competitive during the regular season though and keeps us in games more times than not. He just isn’t the answer long term for this franchise if we are trying to win a championship along with Fournier. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Thankfully we have Vooch

For people who do not watch Magic games would think he is really great. But he is bad on defence, he either leaves his man open for a alley ops dunks or lets a guard to make easy layups, for most of the time he can’t guard pick and roll at all! He is constantly stuck in the middle guarding no one. And on offence when we need him he often misses open shots in the lane or open jumpers, free throws, like 6 in a row in the 4th vs Heat.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

He’s become an elite spot up shooter. Wish any of our guys had the drive to get better that he does.

I know losing is frustrating and we’ve had back to back miserable losses, but Vucevic and Ross need to be appreciated right now, not **** on. If we keep playing like this and losing while Ross and Vooch keep going off I hope we do one or both of them the favor of moving them on to a team that can contend while they’re in their prime. 

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

He’s become an elite spot up shooter. Wish any of our guys had the drive to get better that he does.

I know losing is frustrating and we’ve had back to back miserable losses, but Vucevic and Ross need to be appreciated right now, not **** on. If we keep playing like this and losing while Ross and Vooch keep going off I hope we do one or both of them the favor of moving them on to a team that can contend while they’re in their prime. 

I agree totally. Someone else needs to step up big time 

Stat wise Vuc has always been a great player. Unfortunately, he misses all the other boxes needed for a center (phisicality, defense, etc) and for a leader of a team.
Other teams and GM's are not silly, and they know it. Otherwise, we would have already received a great offer in all those years...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Stat wise Vuc has always been a great player. Unfortunately, he misses all the other boxes needed for a center (phisicality, defense, etc) and for a leader of a team.
Other teams and GM's are not silly, and they know it. Otherwise, we would have already received a great offer in all those years...

Well said. It’s not that he isn’t a good player, he just isn’t good at the important stuff and the reason why offenses attack the paint against us and put him in pick and rolls constantly. 

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Eh i disagree, Vucevic would have been a fantastic addition to a playoff team on his last contract. I just believe he was never on the table, ever. Vucevic would be a semi good to great addition to a playoff team now. Based on his offense and rebounding, and his decent contract which declines every year. The Magic just never put the right players around him. Not every center is Jokic and i believe he has been better then Dwight all decade, just my opinion.Even when Dwight had his good years, i've watched his games he had twice as many **** games for every good game he has played....easily.

Now for something i posted on redditt about tonights game.

Cavs vs Magic.

This is a great early season barometer. They are coming off a good win. we are coming off a bad loss. They are 4-2 we are 4-2. They blew out Philly, we were blown out by Philly. Our best 4 is hurt so is their best 4. We are missing our rookie forward so are they. We have more injuries at forward they have more injuries at Guard.

They have a very important player at guard listed at day to day so do we(Darius Garland,Evan Fournier).

Look i do not know who plays for either team because of injuries, the fact is we are at home. If we look at the basic leaders in stats, Sexton is their leading scorer, ours is Ross, Drummond rebounder for the Cavs, Vooch for us, and finally assist leader for them is Garland, Fultz for us.

All 3 of them have a significant percentage lead above our players in all 3 categories.

Game on.