Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

26 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t understand the move for him at all...  we have a massive need for a passing point guard, and it’d be cool to give a young guy a shot, instead we sign a 28 year old journeyman who’s an undersized 2 guard, and a bad one at that...

tanking is a term used to describe when sports teams lose games on purpose to secure some sort of future competitive advantage

signing Randle is a lot less obvious than bringing back Chris Duhon

air_medium.gif

35 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t understand the move for him at all...  we have a massive need for a passing point guard, and it’d be cool to give a young guy a shot, instead we sign a 28 year old journeyman who’s an undersized 2 guard, and a bad one at that...

I just think it was a case of us hoping he'd play like 4 games and be a steady head for a team still trying to make the playoffs. Cole's injury was worse than we first expected which threw a spanner in the works. Instead he's had to play big minutes for an extended stretch and we've had a bajillion other injuries on top of just at PG. 

34 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

On a VERY POSITIVE note, I love watching Chuma Okeke play basketball. 

Ditto. Don't think he'll ever be a star but he's a really awesome defender and a good passer and shooter. Can't really ask for more from a forward player. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I just think it was a case of us hoping he'd play like 4 games and be a steady head for a team still trying to make the playoffs. Cole's injury was worse than we first expected which threw a spanner in the works. Instead he's had to play big minutes for an extended stretch and we've had a bajillion other injuries on top of just at PG. 

Ditto. Don't think he'll ever be a star but he's a really awesome defender and a good passer and shooter. Can't really ask for more from a forward player. 

Even then, if the case was to be a ride the pine 3rd stringer behind Cole and MCW, why not go younger?

and agreed on Chuma. His basketball IQ is what excites me the most, he just always seems to know what the right play is. 

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Even then, if the case was to be a ride the pine 3rd stringer behind Cole and MCW, why not go younger?

I can understand going age and experience over youth when you need someone to literally come in the next day and play without a practice and then (we were hoping at the time) be replaced by Cole after a couple weeks and just manage the game for a few 10 minute spells on a team trying to make the playoffs. 

14 hours ago, harley said:

I can’t believe we have had to watch this same old **** for 7 years lol 

It's insane. If we bring Oladipo back it will be even funnier

48 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I have prepared a game thread for tonight's game, March 19th, against the Nets. . .if interested. The game is at the Amway Center and starts at 8 pm.

I have pinned TMFs awesome game thread! Let’s go Magic! See y’all in there

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1