Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Ross is questionable as well for whatever it’s worth. I have a feeling all 3 are getting traded which is why they are sitting out to avoid further injury before we make the trades happen. Just hope the return will be worth it. 

Evan is definitely getting moved, he might’ve played his last game with us. Gordon is interesting because his 14 minutes against the Heat where he looked pretty good after missing 6 weeks could’ve been a showcase situation, especially now that he’s sitting with “soreness”

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

if we’re gonna be bad i at least wanna be fun

I think this is a great and underrecognized point.  If we're not winning a lot of games, at least lets be exciting and with some hope for the future.  Worst of both worlds is to be losing with players who have no potential for getting better.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Ross is questionable as well for whatever it’s worth. I have a feeling all 3 are getting traded which is why they are sitting out to avoid further injury before we make the trades happen. Just hope the return will be worth it. 

Let’s hope so. At least it will make the second half of the year watchable if we have some new young faces. The most joy you get as fans is young players showing signs of brighter future. I can’t stomach anymore of Bacon, Birch, Clark, Ennis, Randle, MCW and Aminu. I just can’t. 

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Evan is definitely getting moved, he might’ve played his last game with us. Gordon is interesting because his 14 minutes against the Heat where he looked pretty good after missing 6 weeks could’ve been a showcase situation, especially now that he’s sitting with “soreness”

We can only hope that’s what management plans on doing because I can’t take another 3-4 years of Fournier and I was a big supporter of his when we first got him. I agree with that and then the fact he’s now resting 2 games in a row makes it pretty likely he gets moved which I wouldn’t be the happiest about honestly. I still think AG on the right team would be deadly but unfortunately it looks like it won’t be with us. Part of our problem is the fact we have a defensive minded coach who has no clue how to run an offense. His rotations are highly suspect and he doesn’t put his players in the best positions to succeed. We need to bring in a coach who isn’t scared of player development and making in game adjustments to rotations when teams are simply outplaying us. If you hold all 15 guys accountable no matter who it is you won’t get mediocre play every night out. 

10 hours ago, harley said:

Let’s hope so. At least it will make the second half of the year watchable if we have some new young faces. The most joy you get as fans is young players showing signs of brighter future. I can’t stomach anymore of Bacon, Birch, Clark, Ennis, Randle, MCW and Aminu. I just can’t. 

This X 1,000!!! The team is not going to develop and get better if we continue to run those lineups. No reason Bamba should not be seeing at least 20-25 minutes a game consistently from here on out, along with Chuma. I don’t care who it is you will never get better without getting live action reps and being able to get that valuable PT. We need to stop playing Clark, Bacon, and Birch and start playing our rooks more as this is a lost season anyways. 

23 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

And great defender in college who’s going to forget that part of his game in the pros.

Still blows my mind that Elfrid was defensive player of the year in his last year of college ball 

I still think this was all on coaching philosophy. He was told to funnel players certain directions and not just face them up. Bad bad bad!! Especially when your funneling them into a slow poor defender. 

23 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

AG did post his house for sale, coincidence maybe? 

Vucevic, Ross and Bacon with 37 of our 45 points. MCW, Aminu, Bamba, Birch, Clark have combined for 1 point. Aminu, MCW and Birch may be the 3 worst offensive players in the entire league 

Is it weird that I want us to win this game? I guess I will settle for a competitive game which it seems to be. I really would like to watch some more footage of Chuma and what he does away from the ball. 

1 minute ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Is it weird that I want us to win this game? I guess I will settle for a competitive game which it seems to be. I really would like to watch some more footage of Chuma and what he does away from the ball. 

Not weird at all... even if you’re on team tank, if you’re rooting for a loss to the Heat I question your fandom