Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

2 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

I agree. If we were fully fit most players last night would be deep bench. Our depth is actually solid this season when you break it down.

Starters           Fultz,       Fournier,   Isaac,    AG,                    Vooch

Bench              Anthony,  Ross,       Ennis,    Okeke,               Birch

Deep bench   GLge,        Bacon,     MCW,    Aminu/Clarke,  Bamba

Last night we had 3 of our deep bench starting and the other 3 getting significant minutes. Main issue right now is the FO lack of action in making trades because next season that depth drops to the below, which is probably best case scenario (Fultz wont be able to start full contact training until Nov at the earliest and probably won't be fully fit until next Feb (probably misses 1st half of next season.) Roster below isn't making playoffs next year.

Starters           Fultz,        lotto pick,   AG trade,    Isaac,       Vooch

Bench              Anthony,  Ross,           MLE,           Okeke,      Bamba

Deep bench    nothing,   nothing,      MCW,         Aminu,      2nd round pick

I agree with what you are saying but I really think Bamba is a stiff and it pains me. You hate to trade him and have him blow up in another system but with what I've seen i really cant see him getting an extension.

2 hours ago, Spaceman said:

I agree with what you are saying but I really think Bamba is a stiff and it pains me. You hate to trade him and have him blow up in another system but with what I've seen i really cant see him getting an extension.

For whatever reason he’s playing like a deer in headlights. It’s super disappointing because before he got hurt last year he was looking like he could put it all together at some point. I really don’t know what to make of him, but his confidence has definitely been ruined by injury, Covid, not being able to practice, and backing up our best player who only sits about 10 minutes a game

6 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’ve said this before, but at the very least, we need a new health and training staff and plan. Something drastic has to be done. As a lifelong Bucs fan, I’ll never forget hearing that Ronde Barber lengthened his career by taking up yoga. I also remember Jason Kidd using some extreme muscle cooling mechanism when he was in Dallas to lengthen his career. No fan should pay to support a team that isn’t playing. 

Yeah, we have to have one of the worst in the game

20 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Yeah, we have to have one of the worst in the game

Yup, it’s a brutal and arrogant game this team is playing to have an awful training and medical staff while at the same time continually acquiring injury prone players.... and then we’re supposed to be surprised when 2/3 of the team misses 2/3 of the season. 

“Are you injury prone? Have a 7 foot wingspan? Like amusement parks and nice weather? We have a place for you!” - Love, The Orlando Magic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

“Are you injury prone? Have a 7 foot wingspan? Like amusement parks and nice weather? We have a place for you!” - Love, The Orlando Magic

Add:  “Weak shooting skills a plus”

12 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Add:  “Weak shooting skills a plus”

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Of course! That’s a must.

And great defender in college who’s going to forget that part of his game in the pros.

Still blows my mind that Elfrid was defensive player of the year in his last year of college ball 

16 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I keep dreaming of trading for young, long shooters like Vassell and Nesmith, and it’s hurting my heart! 

I’m really really hoping and dreaming for that Aldridge, Vassell and multiple firsts for Vucevic trade. I don’t buy SA as a playoff team in the west and think if we get their pick this year it’ll be late lotto. Buy out Aldridge and let him ring chase. Vassell becomes an exciting starting 2 of the future next to Fultz, we draft Cade, Green or Kuminga with our pick and experiment some with JI at the 5 next year running out fun athletic lineups like Fultz/Vassell/Cade/Gordon/Isaac

if we’re gonna be bad i at least wanna be fun

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Gordon and Fournier already ruled out for tomorrow night... lol

Ross is questionable as well for whatever it’s worth. I have a feeling all 3 are getting traded which is why they are sitting out to avoid further injury before we make the trades happen. Just hope the return will be worth it.