Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

This game has been tough to watch. How we never addressed PG at all after Kelle and then Cole went down is beyond me, but MCW can’t dribble without falling down and Randle is just an undersized 2 guard

13 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Outside of Vooch, everybody else is a combined 15-54 from the field. There’s zero reason to bring Nik back in so we’ll see how much further down that number goes

Vucevic 12-18 66.7%

Everybody else 17-62 27.4%

Spurs win the 2nd-4th quarters 88-48

Glad it seems like most of you guys sat this one out, it was as painful as it sounds

Vooch made some really difficult shots tonight so I am not hating on him.  He has gone above and beyond doing what we ask of him and what he is capable of.  But the fact is he is not a winning player.  He does not go to the FT line enough to be a great scorer with the amount of shots he attempts.  It is not his fault it is this organizations fault for putting him as a #1 option which he is not meant for.  To win the east in the near future with Brooklyn and Philly sticking together Vooch would have to be at best your third option.  So with that being said, Brooklyn and Philly being around the next couple of years, and Vooch being 31 next year.  So wouldn't it make the most since in a year where we can possibly get a top draft pick and trade Vooch (While his value is high), Fournier, and Birch and totally reset this franchise with some hope?  

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Vucevic 12-18 66.7%

Everybody else 17-62 27.4%

Spurs win the 2nd-4th quarters 88-48

Glad it seems like most of you guys sat this one out, it was as painful as it sounds

I mean, not much point watching a game live when you have the following out;

Isaac, Fultz, Fournier, AG, Ross, Anthony, Ennis. (4 starters and 1st 3 guys that would normally come in off the bench.) Catching up this morning Vooch's % is even more impressive when you consider he was the only capable shooter on our team last night and was guarded by 2-3 players whenever in. Everyone else was just left to shoot whatever they want and they still couldn't hit a barn door. We basically just chucked 3's all night with only Vooch being able to create looks for himself. Even Birch started launching them.

Only takeaway was that Okeke does look like he can legit defend, something I had serious doubts with him when he was picked. He does look like he will eventually be a solid backup 4. Needs a lot of work on the offensive end still.

Tonight's starting unit without Vooch would be at best a marginal second unit on a good team and tonight's second unit have no business in the NBA.

I’ve said this before, but at the very least, we need a new health and training staff and plan. Something drastic has to be done. As a lifelong Bucs fan, I’ll never forget hearing that Ronde Barber lengthened his career by taking up yoga. I also remember Jason Kidd using some extreme muscle cooling mechanism when he was in Dallas to lengthen his career. No fan should pay to support a team that isn’t playing. 

1 hour ago, Spaceman said:

Tonight's starting unit without Vooch would be at best a marginal second unit on a good team and tonight's second unit have no business in the NBA.

I agree. If we were fully fit most players last night would be deep bench. Our depth is actually solid this season when you break it down.

Starters           Fultz,       Fournier,   Isaac,    AG,                    Vooch

Bench              Anthony,  Ross,       Ennis,    Okeke,               Birch

Deep bench   GLge,        Bacon,     MCW,    Aminu/Clarke,  Bamba

Last night we had 3 of our deep bench starting and the other 3 getting significant minutes. Main issue right now is the FO lack of action in making trades because next season that depth drops to the below, which is probably best case scenario (Fultz wont be able to start full contact training until Nov at the earliest and probably won't be fully fit until next Feb (probably misses 1st half of next season.) Roster below isn't making playoffs next year.

Starters           Fultz,        lotto pick,   AG trade,    Isaac,       Vooch

Bench              Anthony,  Ross,           MLE,           Okeke,      Bamba

Deep bench    nothing,   nothing,      MCW,         Aminu,      2nd round pick

12 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

I agree. If we were fully fit most players last night would be deep bench. Our depth is actually solid this season when you break it down.

Starters           Fultz,       Fournier,   Isaac,    AG,                    Vooch

Bench              Anthony,  Ross,       Ennis,    Okeke,               Birch

Deep bench   GLge,        Bacon,     MCW,    Aminu/Clarke,  Bamba

Last night we had 3 of our deep bench starting and the other 3 getting significant minutes. Main issue right now is the FO lack of action in making trades because next season that depth drops to the below, which is probably best case scenario (Fultz wont be able to start full contact training until Nov at the earliest and probably won't be fully fit until next Feb (probably misses 1st half of next season.) Roster below isn't making playoffs next year.

Starters           Fultz,        lotto pick,   AG trade,    Isaac,       Vooch

Bench              Anthony,  Ross,           MLE,           Okeke,      Bamba

Deep bench    nothing,   nothing,      MCW,         Aminu,      2nd round pick

Business as usual for the Orlando Magic

I just watched the post game interviews with Cliff and Vooch

This is the first time I have seen them both down. Especially Vooch

He actually said, when asked this question, "I dont know what else I can do to help."

I am not someone who likes the idea of blowing up a team and tanking.

But management has to be listening and has to do something