Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

It was actually impressive how we lost that game. For like 90% of the game everything looked so comfortable and then somehow it slipped away behind a 3 point barrage from Atlanta. 

Vuc wasn't great for a change but I think Atlanta had a pretty smart plan for him in the post which was go small, use your hands to try and knock it loose and then double fast. He never really found any rhythm and that only helped Atlanta down the stretch. And then on the other end they forced Vuc to guard a PF in Collins or Galo.

MCW was great.

Near the end of the third quarter I thought "this is how Ross needs to play every night. Less forced shots, better looks, more efficient" and then in the fourth he took some really bad shots (possibly because nobody else was scoring tbf)

Aminu was awesome. More of that please. 

I wanted that win, we should have won, but at least we're getting a lottery pick.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

It was actually impressive how we lost that game. For like 90% of the game everything looked so comfortable and then somehow it slipped away behind a 3 point barrage from Atlanta. 

Vuc wasn't great for a change but I think Atlanta had a pretty smart plan for him in the post which was go small, use your hands to try and knock it loose and then double fast. He never really found any rhythm and that only helped Atlanta down the stretch. And then on the other end they forced Vuc to guard a PF in Collins or Galo.

MCW was great.

Near the end of the third quarter I thought "this is how Ross needs to play every night. Less forced shots, better looks, more efficient" and then in the fourth he took some really bad shots (possibly because nobody else was scoring tbf)

Aminu was awesome. More of that please. 

I wanted that win, we should have won, but at least we're getting a lottery pick.

Yep, I though Aminu had an excellent game defensively last night. Have to say, that was a stellar tank job, not sure when the last time a team came back from being down 16 points with only 6 or so minutes left was but we found a way to let it happen. The dream for a top 4 pick is on. Detroit are starting to win games as well.

19 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Yep, I though Aminu had an excellent game defensively last night. Have to say, that was a stellar tank job, not sure when the last time a team came back from being down 16 points with only 6 or so minutes left was but we found a way to let it happen. The dream for a top 4 pick is on. Detroit are starting to win games as well.

Honestly I've been thinking "I hope we can find a way to move Aminu and not have to give up assets" but if he strings together a few more games like that before the trade deadline we might get offered a first round pick for him.

Another thing I'll say about last nights game. It started to change when Atlanta hid Young on defense onto Bacon and used Snell to guard MCW. Before that MCW was just getting to the rim at will. I think it's a bad sign for Bacon's future with the team that we didn't give him a few possessions to attack Young. As far as I know Bacon's main NBA skill is as a scorer. Trae Young is like a traffic cone on defense. If you're not going to give Bacon the chance to get a few buckets in that situation then why is he even on the roster? 

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t think it’s fair to judge him too extremely in either direction in this situation. He’s had injuries and Covid that put him behind the 8 ball, he’s got a coach who has him on as short of a leash as he can, he plays in lineups where nobody even looks his direction on offense because of selfish play and he just hasn’t had the opportunity to build up any confidence or get in to any sort of rhythm. I honestly just feel bad for the kid 

All of that is true but the one thing Bamba can control without any help from anybody else is his intensity and effort.  I saw a little of that from him a few weeks ago but it seems to have waned again.  Without consistent effort, I doubt any team would give him much playing time.  

6 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

It was the second time ever lol