Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

3 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Could we convince Dallas to take Fournier for Brunson and Tyrell Terry? 

Vooch and Fournier to Dallas for Tim Hardaway Jr, James Johnson, Tyrell Terry, 2021 first, 2022 first right to swap, 2023 first. Get some picks, get Terry, Hardaway and Johnson $33 million in expirings 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Soul Bro said:

What a selfish play by Ross. Chuma was wide open.

That’s what I’ve been saying! Chuma hits that 3 and it’s a 2 point game. Chuma taking only 3 shots in 22 minutes is inexcusable. Chuma and Clark had the same amount of attempt. Clark played 4 minutes

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Vooch and Fournier to Dallas for Tim Hardaway Jr, James Johnson, Tyrell Terry, 2021 first, 2022 first right to swap, 2023 first. Get some picks, get Terry, Hardaway and Johnson $33 million in expirings 

They’ve already traded their 21 and 23 firsts.

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

That’s what I’ve been saying! Chuma hits that 3 and it’s a 2 point game. Chuma taking only 3 shots in 22 minutes is inexcusable. Chuma and Clark had the same amount of attempt. Clark played 4 minutes

Chuma was 8th on our team in shot attempts tonight. Unacceptable.

11 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

If we had real ownership they would fire everybody before they could screw this up more. #free Vooch.

It really has become quite ugly.

Terrence Ross taking a contested off balance 3 while he's stood next to a wide open Chuma Okeke is a microcosm of his entire offensive game this season. Just bad. 

It seems like you don't even need to say it now but Vuc is still great. 

Everyone else was kind of just ok to bad. MCW had some good moments and Fournier was pretty good until the injury. 

After Khem didn't play last game now Mo doesn't play this game? Weird. 

I think I'm officially over Dwayne Bacon. I thought I'd be happy to give him another season but to be honest I'd rather we just sign someone who can shoot even if they can do nothing else. I'm tired of seeing him make his crazy layups down 15+ but then brick an 18 footer without the ball ever touching Vuc's hands when we're down single digits in the 4th quarter. 

Also I was 1 Luka Doncic assist away from winning a rather large amount of money so that was fun... 

Dwayne Bacon is TRoss lite. We are the only ball club tha would allow this selfish play. How and the hell have ownership not started sacking people yet. We can’t get anymore irrelevant as a franchise than what we are right now. We need a young coach and new direction to generate some excitement. We are by far the worst roster in the league. 

10 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Don't blame Ross. This is what he is supposed to do. Blame the Gm that makes him shoot because nobody else can.

I usually justify Clifford saying that he's making what the FO is asking him, but in that case, it's really a mistery for me, and have been for the last few seasons, how a old style defensive minded coach like Steve, is not asking more to Ross in the defensive side (something he's capable too, when he want, see the first half season after the Ibaka trade) and controlling his offensive role.. aka not jacking it freely when he's off. I understand to ride him in the right night, a-la Korver/Redick, but you need to have a plan B when the shot isn't falling at all. You can't just ope that he'll get hotter later...

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Our lack of ball movement is really glaringly obvious to everyone except our announcers.  You have two guys out there at any given time who take most of the shots.   We practically never move the ball from one side of the court to the other.  When you watch our dribble based offense with one to three guys touching the ball on each offensive possession, and compare it to the other team it just jumps out at you.