Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

42 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Can’t blame you for any of those.  However, there were better players later in the draft than the ones we took in the two cases you mentioned, so there was more to it than just our record.  

Sexton or SGA over Bamba should’ve happened for sure.

Guys, I have noticed and appreciate how some board members have good-natured discussions or simply speak their mind about individual Magic players and how they have impacted the Magic's records both currently and in previous seasons. They are very respectful of others opinions. No one fires back with personal attacks when another person does not agree. Well, I would like to be treated that way too.

A few days ago, I paid Vuch a compliment. I said he was playing well so far. I mirrored it with this time last year when he played well up until he was named an Allstar. Post Allstar he started to regress.

A poster, Jason Funderburker, replied to my post and said I was being unfair to Vuch and said,  "In the event he is on a better team and his numbers go down you can [want to] point back and say “see I told you so”. [WHAT?]           

How did Jason know what I was thinking?

Three people gave Funderburker upvotes.

I am entitled to my opinon on this message board without personal attacks. No one has ever heard me say "I told you so". This is the second time someone made that comment to me. The first one was posted by another board member 2 seasons ago after I posted that we should not trade for Aminu. 

As I said before, there is/are members on this board that don't like me. This hurts, especially when comments like that are not made to other participants on this board.

I am a female and I am not looking for special treatment.

jcTrH2.jpg

• Downvote 2

58 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Guys, I have noticed and appreciate how some board members have good-natured discussions or simply speak their mind about individual Magic players and how they have impacted the Magic's records both currently and in previous seasons. They are very respectful of others opinions. No one fires back with personal attacks when another person does not agree. Well, I would like to be treated that way too.

A few days ago, I paid Vuch a compliment. I said he was playing well so far. I mirrored it with this time last year when he played well up until he was named an Allstar. Post Allstar he started to regress.

A poster, Jason Funderburker, replied to my post and said I was being unfair to Vuch and said,  "In the event he is on a better team and his numbers go down you can [want to] point back and say “see I told you so”. [WHAT?]           

I am entitled to my opinon on this message board without personal attacks. No one has ever heard me say "I told you so". This is the second time someone made that comment to me. The first one was posted by another board member 2 seasons ago after I posted that we should not trade for Aminu. 

As I said before, there is/are members on this board that don't like me. This hurts, especially when comments like that are not made to other participants on this board.

jcTrH2.jpg

It was a backhanded compliment if one at all. My suggestion is not to take things so personally 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

jcTrH2.jpg

Thank you for telling us how you feel. Everyone's feeling's should be considered and taking into account. You are entitled to your opinion and you should still speak that opinion. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

So tired of the announcers making a big deal out of one basket when we're getting our you know what's kicked.  It's not about one individual or how many points they get, or a nice dunk.  It's about W's.  Instead of raving about occasional good plays, there ought to be more analysis about the things this team is doing wrong.  There is no shortage of material to work with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

So tired of the announcers making a big deal out of one basket when we're getting our you know what's kicked.  It's not about one individual or how many points they get, or a nice dunk.  It's about W's.  Instead of raving about occasional good plays, there ought to be more analysis about the things this team is doing wrong.  There is no shortage of material to work with.

I would just for once love for the announcers to just acknowledge the disparity in talent.  I used to like David Steele, and Jeff Turner is a really nice and good guy,  but they are really corny.  

Good game for Vucevic, some nice moments for Mo, Chuma and even some out of Randle. Ross, Fournier, MCW, Aminu, Bacon were all awful, especially Ross. The one man show bench is killing us, Ross just jacking up shot after shot, not even looking for open guys. Ross took half of the bench field goal attempts. Ross and Fournier shot 36 combined times and combined for 26 points on 30% shooting

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Good game for Vucevic, some nice moments for Mo, Chuma and even some out of Randle. Ross, Fournier, MCW, Aminu, Bacon were all awful, especially Ross. The one man show bench is killing us, Ross just jacking up shot after shot, not even looking for open guys. Ross took half of the bench field goal attempts. Ross and Fournier shot 36 combined times and combined for 26 points on 30% shooting

I’m so over Ross and Fournier. 

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

+1 from me.  It’s a team game.  Playing selfishly makes all the other players worse. 

Never liked this “torch” business.  Encourages everyone to rely on one person. 

7 hours ago, og magic fan said:

I would just for once love for the announcers to just acknowledge the disparity in talent.  I used to like David Steele, and Jeff Turner is a really nice and good guy,  but they are really corny.  

I’ve always liked Steele.  Turner on the other hand is a disaster, and I think he’s gradually rubbing off on Steele.