Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

50 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Watch us trade for Lowry. 

On the bright side he wouldn’t try to injure our players anymore.  I say go for it!

2 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

one of the new mods should suspend you a week for even suggesting that

Haha. Knowing WeltHam and the Magic, you could totally see this happening.

On 2/26/2021 at 8:32 AM, hootie249 said:

Ha, i doubt it. The current team reminds me of the 2017 team, just awful with lot's of Vucevic. The Magic won 25 games in 2017 and statistically were one of the worst 3 teams in the league all season, by point differential. That year Vogel played Vucevic 20 straight games after he returned from a hand injury. He finally relented and rested our All-Star Center the final 6 games but we still won 3 out of 6. This was last time the Wizards went to the playoffs and we somehow beat them on the last day of season. The loss dropped them into the eight seed and pushed us out of the top 3 in the lotto.

What was our record in those 20 games, though?  As I recall, we played our best basketball of the year during the 5 or so weeks Vuch was out, winning almost half of them.  When Vuch came back we promptly lost 6 games in a row and were actually a lot worse.  

27 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

What was our record in those 20 games, though?  As I recall, we played our best basketball of the year during the 5 or so weeks Vuch was out, winning almost half of them.  When Vuch came back we promptly lost 6 games in a row and were actually a lot worse.  

We were 17-40 with Nik that year and 8-17 without. Pretty much a push, but no one can deny he’s a significantly better player now than he was then. 

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We were 17-40 with Nik that year and 8-17 without. Pretty much a push, but no one can deny he’s a significantly better player now than he was then. 

We had 15 losses in those 20 games though.  My point is that bringing back Vuch didn’t hurt our chances at getting a high draft pick.  Actually the opposite, at that time we were playing better before he came back.  

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

We had 15 losses in those 20 games though.  My point is that bringing back didn’t hurt our chances at getting a high draft pick.  Actually the opposite, at that time we were playing better before he came back.  

True. All I know is the 3 things that haunt me from this most current “rebuild” are choosing to pay Evan instead of Victor, being one pick off of Porzingis and getting Hezonja instead and being one pick off of the Luka/Trae deal and getting Bamba instead.

51 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

True. All I know is the 3 things that haunt me from this most current “rebuild” are choosing to pay Evan instead of Victor, being one pick off of Porzingis and getting Hezonja instead and being one pick off of the Luka/Trae deal and getting Bamba instead.

Can’t blame you for any of those.  However, there were better players later in the draft than the ones we took in the two cases you mentioned, so there was more to it than just our record.