Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

This season is going to be a blessing in disguise I'm telling you. We are gonna get a excellent player in the draft. We really need to finish bottom 3 and we are in good shape. Cade is the prize but the others are game changers too

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Imagine being Vuc, getting buckets and boards, generally being great. Then when you get doubled you find open shooters left and right just to watch your teammates lay brick after brick. 

Must be so frustrating. 

I'm pretty much over half of this roster. Fournier is great beating up bad teams and if he was the 4th option it'd be fine but he never seems to show up when we need him most and when some of those shots aren't going in they look really bad. Ross either gets you 30 or is horrible, Clark won't be here next year, Randle won't be here next year. 

Bacon is so bizarre because he sometimes does the most spectacular things but then when you need him to just make an open corner 3 he bricks it. Wouldn't mind giving him his second year since when we're healthy he'll be a deep bench guard. 

Bamba, I don't know what happened but Clifford gave him the backup minutes last night (and Khem Birch looked fuming on the bench) and he did absolutely nothing in those minutes. He didn't make an impact on defense, he just janks up the offense by seemingly always being in the wrong place. Yea... I've been a Bamba believer but games like that make it hard to keep the faith. 

Ennis, MCW are fine. They give you what you expect. Can't complain. Wish MCW could shoot but we know he can't so I don't expect him to and he still impacts the game. 

Aminu was god awful last night. And I'd generally thought he looked pretty good in the previous games. The problem is he gives you nothing offensively either. I guess it wouldn't matter so much if he was a backup when everybody's healthy but games like that when you're getting no scoring from your guards really make him look worse. 

I don't think the people who want us to get a lottery pick have to worry. With our schedule I can't see us making the playoffs. 

(This is where we beat the Jazz with 40 from Fournier and I come back next time like "we're definitely making the playoffs" lol)

Good post. I’d love to see Chuma start at the four. 

47 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

This season is going to be a blessing in disguise I'm telling you. We are gonna get a excellent player in the draft. We really need to finish bottom 3 and we are in good shape. Cade is the prize but the others are game changers too

Ha, i doubt it. The current team reminds me of the 2017 team, just awful with lot's of Vucevic. The Magic won 25 games in 2017 and statistically were one of the worst 3 teams in the league all season, by point differential. That year Vogel played Vucevic 20 straight games after he returned from a hand injury. He finally relented and rested our All-Star Center the final 6 games but we still won 3 out of 6. This was last time the Wizards went to the playoffs and we somehow beat them on the last day of season. The loss dropped them into the eight seed and pushed us out of the top 3 in the lotto.

Why did i type this? Because that was the draft we dropped to 6th and picked Bamba. Now what is even worse is it might have been a blessing. Except our GM is a moron. Everyone knew the Magic needed a point guard. Once we dropped it was obvious we weren't going to get Trea so every single website,draft guru,sports reporter mocked us taking Bamba. Why i'll never understand. How was the 3rd best center in the draft supposed to help the Magic? I understand best player available but the 3rd worst at a single position? Ridiculous! And our GM's fell for it because they are frauds! They just make picks based on tallness and length! That is how they got lucky picking Giannis at number 15!

All they had to do is draft the second ranked point guard and we would be light years ahead right now. Shai Gilgis-Alexander! Yeah i know Collin Sexton was mocked higher on some sites but most experts saw him as more of a combo guard/shooter. 

TL;DR . I have no faith in our front office no matter which pick we get. They should have taken Sexton or Shai 3 years ago, instead they took Bamba.

The best pick the Magic have made in 10 years was pick number 12, Domantas Sabonis, and most likely we were told to pick him by Sam Presti.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Ha, i doubt it. The current team reminds me of the 2017 team, just awful with lot's of Vucevic. The Magic won 25 games in 2017 and statistically were one of the worst 3 teams in the league all season, by point differential. That year Vogel played Vucevic 20 straight games after he returned from a hand injury. He finally relented and rested our All-Star Center the final 6 games but we still won 3 out of 6. This was last time the Wizards went to the playoffs and we somehow beat them on the last day of season. The loss dropped them into the eight seed and pushed us out of the top 3 in the lotto.

Why did i type this? Because that was the draft we dropped to 6th and picked Bamba. Now what is even worse is it might have been a blessing. Except our GM is a moron. Everyone knew the Magic needed a point guard. Once we dropped it was obvious we weren't going to get Trea so every single website,draft guru,sports reporter mocked us taking Bamba. Why i'll never understand. How was the 3rd best center in the draft supposed to help the Magic? I understand best player available but the 3rd worst at a single position? Ridiculous! And our GM's fell for it because they are frauds! They just make picks based on tallness and length! That is how they got lucky picking Giannis at number 15!

All they had to do is draft the second ranked point guard and we would be light years ahead right now. Shai Gilgis-Alexander! Yeah i know Collin Sexton was mocked higher on some sites but most experts saw him as more of a combo guard/shooter. 

TL;DR . I have no faith in our front office no matter which pick we get. They should have taken Sexton or Shai 3 years ago, instead they took Bamba.

The best pick the Magic have made in 10 years was pick number 12, Domantas Sabonis, and most likely we were told to pick him by Sam Presti.

I get your point about our GMs ability to evaluate draft talent but I’d rather be picking 6th or higher in this draft than lose a play-in game

25 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

What a post! Bringing the fire. +1

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Imagine being Vuc, getting buckets and boards, generally being great. Then when you get doubled you find open shooters left and right just to watch your teammates lay brick after brick. 

Must be so frustrating. 

I'm pretty much over half of this roster. Fournier is great beating up bad teams and if he was the 4th option it'd be fine but he never seems to show up when we need him most and when some of those shots aren't going in they look really bad. Ross either gets you 30 or is horrible, Clark won't be here next year, Randle won't be here next year. 

Bacon is so bizarre because he sometimes does the most spectacular things but then when you need him to just make an open corner 3 he bricks it. Wouldn't mind giving him his second year since when we're healthy he'll be a deep bench guard. 

Bamba, I don't know what happened but Clifford gave him the backup minutes last night (and Khem Birch looked fuming on the bench) and he did absolutely nothing in those minutes. He didn't make an impact on defense, he just janks up the offense by seemingly always being in the wrong place. Yea... I've been a Bamba believer but games like that make it hard to keep the faith. 

Ennis, MCW are fine. They give you what you expect. Can't complain. Wish MCW could shoot but we know he can't so I don't expect him to and he still impacts the game. 

Aminu was god awful last night. And I'd generally thought he looked pretty good in the previous games. The problem is he gives you nothing offensively either. I guess it wouldn't matter so much if he was a backup when everybody's healthy but games like that when you're getting no scoring from your guards really make him look worse. 

I don't think the people who want us to get a lottery pick have to worry. With our schedule I can't see us making the playoffs. 

(This is where we beat the Jazz with 40 from Fournier and I come back next time like "we're definitely making the playoffs" lol)

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Good post. I’d love to see Chuma start at the four. 

I don’t think we’d look any better with Chuma at the four because other than the point guard, Vuch, and Fournier, the other two guys are basically standing around and getting very few touches.  As was already pointed out by someone in an earlier post, Fournier, Ross and to a lesser extent Bacon are not willing passers and will dribble into traffic first, ultimately either taking a very difficult shot, turning it over, or passing only if they just can’t do anything else.   

As long as our offense remains like that and guys are taking difficult shots out of rhythm, our players will look worse than they actually are.    

One of our biggest issues right now is that we don’t have a point guard or playmaker on the roster. Vucevic is our best playmaker, think about that. For Fournier, Bacon and Ross “playmaking” is chucking up terrible shots. MCW is great on defense, but one of the worst offensive players in the league and we’ve already determined he’s not a PG... and signing Randle was just dumb, he too isn’t a PG, is almost 30 taking up one of our two way spots that are reserved for youth and development, and brings absolutely nothing of value to the squad. AG had some rough games, but he’s by far our second best playmaker after Kelle... with both out we’re just a bunch of chuckers

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

One of our biggest issues right now is that we don’t have a point guard or playmaker on the roster. Vucevic is our best playmaker, think about that. For Fournier, Bacon and Ross “playmaking” is chucking up terrible shots. MCW is great on defense, but one of the worst offensive players in the league and we’ve already determined he’s not a PG... and signing Randle was just dumb, he too isn’t a PG, is almost 30 taking up one of our two way spots that are reserved for youth and development, and brings absolutely nothing of value to the squad. AG had some rough games, but he’s by far our second best playmaker after Kelle... with both out we’re just a bunch of chuckers

You’re right but it doesn’t have to be that way.  Clifford just needs to get a few guys (hint: the ones you mentioned) to pass more.  

26 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I'm going to upvote this because your analysis is spot on. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. I watched the game for ten minutes last night. I saw about 4 plays where somebody threw up a poor shot with no passing early in the shot clock. All the other offensive plays i watched resulted in a turnover. It was so ugly i turned it right off.

We have no real point guards, and no Superstar shooting guard or small forward who we could give the ball to every other play. We just have Vooch. We are toast. Enjoy 

• Upvote 1