Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

Just now, Jay Magic said:

Cade please!!!

At this point I’ll take a top 4 pick if I’m being realistic. Assuming somebody takes Evan Mobley, I’d be fine with any of Jalen Green, Jonathan Kuminga and of course Cade Cunningham

What are the odds we come back from 20 down in the fourth against this team?

My take:  Papa John’s has nothing to worry about.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RossMagic said:

I won't be too gutted to see the back of Randle.... 

Nope, me either.  Thought the previous guy showed more.  

8 minutes ago, RossMagic said:

I won't be too gutted to see the back of Randle.... 

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Nope, me either.  Thought the previous guy showed more.  

Yeah, and on top of it all he’s like 29... just garbage move all around

A bit of honesty tonight...

- Vooch is legit and could really help a good team

- Fournier is awful against physical teams... which is what we’ve seen in the playoffs 

- Ross is like a sugar rush... sometimes fun but not always good for you

- Mo is slow and keeps getting outplayed by opposing backups... If he had not been drafted sixth overall, I’m not sure he’d see the court

- Chasson Randle shouldn’t be in the NBA

- Dark chocolate is better than milk chocolate 

• Upvote 1

Imagine being Vuc, getting buckets and boards, generally being great. Then when you get doubled you find open shooters left and right just to watch your teammates lay brick after brick. 

Must be so frustrating. 

I'm pretty much over half of this roster. Fournier is great beating up bad teams and if he was the 4th option it'd be fine but he never seems to show up when we need him most and when some of those shots aren't going in they look really bad. Ross either gets you 30 or is horrible, Clark won't be here next year, Randle won't be here next year. 

Bacon is so bizarre because he sometimes does the most spectacular things but then when you need him to just make an open corner 3 he bricks it. Wouldn't mind giving him his second year since when we're healthy he'll be a deep bench guard. 

Bamba, I don't know what happened but Clifford gave him the backup minutes last night (and Khem Birch looked fuming on the bench) and he did absolutely nothing in those minutes. He didn't make an impact on defense, he just janks up the offense by seemingly always being in the wrong place. Yea... I've been a Bamba believer but games like that make it hard to keep the faith. 

Ennis, MCW are fine. They give you what you expect. Can't complain. Wish MCW could shoot but we know he can't so I don't expect him to and he still impacts the game. 

Aminu was god awful last night. And I'd generally thought he looked pretty good in the previous games. The problem is he gives you nothing offensively either. I guess it wouldn't matter so much if he was a backup when everybody's healthy but games like that when you're getting no scoring from your guards really make him look worse. 

I don't think the people who want us to get a lottery pick have to worry. With our schedule I can't see us making the playoffs. 

(This is where we beat the Jazz with 40 from Fournier and I come back next time like "we're definitely making the playoffs" lol)