Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

22 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Where would the team be today and where would it be at end of the regular season IF / WITH Markelle, JI, Aaron, Fournier, Cole, Chief would be relatively healthy / playing? In 1st place?

Top 3 seed

Another W last night. We're really starting to lock in on defense now we've got bodies back. 

Quiet game from Chuma but there was a possession of defense he played on Jerami Grant that was incredibly exciting (even if Grant made the shot). 

Vuc was awesome again. 

Aminu looking useful too. 

Looks like with all the 4s back Bamba is back out of the rotation which sucks. 

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Another W last night. We're really starting to lock in on defense now we've got bodies back. 

Quiet game from Chuma but there was a possession of defense he played on Jerami Grant that was incredibly exciting (even if Grant made the shot). 

Vuc was awesome again. 

Aminu looking useful too. 

Looks like with all the 4s back Bamba is back out of the rotation which sucks. 

The Bamba thing is very frustrating. As i've often said, all teams make mistakes, good teams make moves. I just checked and Mo did have his contract picked up for next year. It's 7.5 million, an increase of 1.5 million. To get straight to the point they don't have to do anything. He can be an expensive back up next year. And that's fine. I do not see a path to resigning him, or even offering the qualifying offer. If there is any real interest in Mo i would trade him. Nuff said. If not get him some playing time. The way this season is shaping up there won't be any garbage games. Everyone is pretty mediocre in the east. We know Clifford doesn't tank and won't play Bamba. 

11 hours ago, harley said:

We need to sack Clifford. It’s the only way forward ( my opinion) 

I hate the coaching carousel, but I strongly doubt that Cliff was ever on the radar to be our shot at a truly long term coach

We're not firing Clifford. He's comfortably the best coach we've had since SVG and he's done nothing that the FO hasn't asked him to do (or at least been fine with him doing).

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We're not firing Clifford. He's comfortably the best coach we've had since SVG and he's done nothing that the FO hasn't asked him to do (or at least been fine with him doing).

Best coach? So he’s better than Vaughn, Borrego, Vogel. Boy that’s high praise. Hahahahaha 

39 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Best coach? So he’s better than Vaughn, Borrego, Vogel. Boy that’s high praise. Hahahahaha 

Yea, and don't forget Skiles. It may seem like damning with faint praise but that list includes 2 current NBA head coaches, 1 of which is the reigning NBA champion, and an Assistant Coach on a playoff team.