Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

TMF, welcome back!

Yes, welcome back. We’ve missed you! So sorry to hear about your health issues and hope they are in the side view mirror! Hopefully you can continue to pull ahead and put them all the way in the rear view!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Yes, welcome back. We’ve missed you! So sorry to hear about your health issues and hope they are in the side view mirror! Hopefully you can continue to pull ahead and put them all the way in the rear view!

Thanks, jmf for those words of encouragement. I needed that! I feel the warmth from all who sent me a welcome back message.

I watched the game tonight, and even though the Warriors fought back to take the lead late in the 3rd quarter after being down by 17 points, our Magic didn't give up. They played with a lot of heart and hustle. Good or bad, win or lose, I will never stop believing in the Magic.

Side Note: I'm rooting for Bamba, but he has a long ways to go. I'm not sure he is the future for the Magic. And as for Vuch, he has really stepped up his game. But it's reminiscent of 2 seasons ago about this time. It was the same intensity that he played with to make the Allstar game--fools gold?

Really fun one tonight! Chuma was huge down the stretch and it was awesome to see the coach allow him to play those minutes.

Strange to see Clifford rolling with an 11 man rotation again, I wonder what it looks like when AG and Cole get back. My guess is MCW/Fournier/Ennis/Gordon/Vucevic

Anthony/Ross/Okeke/Aminu/Birch as your 10 man with Randle to the G league and Bamba, Bacon and Clark getting DNPs.

• Upvote 2

What a great game. 

Vuc triple double, monster dunk, generally just played like a god. 

Fournier and Ross were both lethal.

Okeke was huge. Fully believe he's going to be a starter on a deep playoff team (hopefully us).

MCW, yea we know he can't shoot but his defense and his intensity and his pace of play are so huge for us. 

Aminu's play was encouraging too.

• Like 1

I’m proud of the work he is putting,” said Ross, who finished with 24 points off the bench. “He is a really good basketball player on both sides of the ball. He made a bunch of big shots tonight, especially (being) at the end of the rotation. He did a good job of knocking those shots down.

Those are big shots and you need a lot of poise to hit those shots. He has done a great job with his work ethic and he deserves all of the stuff coming to him. He is getting better each day. We are going to need him to keep playing the way he is. Shout out to Chuma.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/made-bunch-big-shots-chuma-035856143.html

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I can't understand how the ONLY way to improve our future is by losing. We'd been losing pretty consistently for half a decade or more before Clifford arrived and yet here we are. But the only solution is to just... Lose some more? 

We have never tanked a season and I have never before rooted for losing. But yes I do now. This team is not going anywhere this year with all the injuries and if you think so, you are delusional. We need a top pick in the draft, that is if we make the right choice, which is questionable at best. 

If you think getting the eighth seed again and an early exit from the playoffs helps us well then you haven’t been paying attention. 

I always will be a magic fan. But I HATE mediocrity!!!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

We have never tanked a season and I have never before rooted for losing. But yes I do now. This team is not going anywhere this year with all the injuries and if you think so, you are delusional. We need a top pick in the draft, that is if we make the right choice, which is questionable at best. 

If you think getting the eighth seed again and an early exit from the playoffs helps us well then you haven’t been paying attention. 

I always will be a magic fan. But I HATE mediocrity!!!

I hear you my friend, it’s been a long, frustrating decade to follow this team. But remember why we were as bad as we were a couple weeks ago, an insane amount of injuries. We’re decent now, and I agree about mediocrity but remember that 3 of our young studs are out, including 2 of our 3 best players out for the season and coming back next year, and already extended. Like it or not, the core group of this team, sans Fournier, are probably back next year

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I hear you my friend, it’s been a long, frustrating decade to follow this team. But remember why we were as bad as we were a couple weeks ago, an insane amount of injuries. We’re decent now, and I agree about mediocrity but remember that 3 of our young studs are out, including 2 of our 3 best players out for the season and coming back next year, and already extended. Like it or not, the core group of this team, sans Fournier, are probably back next year

Young studs?