Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We're like 2m below the tax and Gary's contract is guaranteed. Adding more guaranteed contracts further inhibits our flexibility. We're losing anyway so it really makes no difference if we lose with Clark or some other guy who'll be out of the league in a year. 

Plus we don’t have enough healthy people to keep him on the bench

• Like 1

Even though I'm hoping for a top pick it's still fun to win. Was a fun game. Lots of ball movement. Lots of guys contributing. Mo got minutes and played well. 

Somehow we're still only 2.5 games out of the 8th seed and we have 2 games against the Pistons coming up. 

It'd be insane if we somehow got the 8th seed. It wouldn't necessarily be the best for the future, but it'd still be impressive. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Somehow we're still only 2.5 games out of the 8th seed and we have 2 games against the Pistons coming up.

That's my fear.
And that one could very well be another of those W we like to have now and we'll regret later.

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Even though I'm hoping for a top pick it's still fun to win. Was a fun game. Lots of ball movement. Lots of guys contributing. Mo got minutes and played well. 

It'd be insane if we somehow got the 8th seed. It wouldn't necessarily be the best for the future, but it'd still be impressive. 

And with the play-in game this year, there’s no reason management isn’t gonna be all in for the run, so regardless of our opinion on what we should do, we might as well buckle up and enjoy it. GS, Detroit, Detroit, Brooklyn, Utah, Dallas, Atlanta then we get the all star break and Cole and Aaron back close after.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

And with the play-in game this year, there’s no reason management isn’t gonna be all in for the run, so regardless of our opinion on what we should do, we might as well buckle up and enjoy it. GS, Detroit, Detroit, Brooklyn, Utah, Dallas, Atlanta then we get the all star break and Cole and Aaron back close after.

Yea I find it hard to actively root for losing anyway. Like I understand that if we get a top 5 pick it could be great for our future but I watch every game and watching us be bad is a lot less fun than watching us win.

If you can't watch that Knicks game and enjoy it then why be a fan at all? Because that was honestly the best basketball we've played probably since Fultz went down. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea I find it hard to actively root for losing anyway. Like I understand that if we get a top 5 pick it could be great for our future but I watch every game and watching us be bad is a lot less fun than watching us win.

If you can't watch that Knicks game and enjoy it then why be a fan at all? Because that was honestly the best basketball we've played probably since Fultz went down. 

Well said.  

18 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I really feel you 100%, I cannot root against something I love, and we were in the same situation not a lot of seasons ago...  but it's also a weird situation, because we clearly enjoy the wins when the team plays well and click together, but at the end of the day, those wins are probably not the best thing for the future of our team, and could lead to more 8th seeds...

At this point do wins or loses get us closer to a position to eventually compete for a championship? I don’t care about your feelings this year. Reality is that we have ZERO chance of winning this year. So as a fan of this team since the beginning of it. 

This year I am rooting for loses and that’s what we all should be doing. Because that is the ONLY way we are going to improve in the future. 

14 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

At this point do wins or loses get us closer to a position to eventually compete for a championship? I don’t care about your feelings this year. Reality is that we have ZERO chance of winning this year. So as a fan of this team since the beginning of it. 

This year I am rooting for loses and that’s what we all should be doing. Because that is the ONLY way we are going to improve in the future. 

Eh it's all good. There are some really great fans on this site. I've ranted about our team on here, but it was fun to watch a win the other night. In the end some fans would rather talk about the fun stuff, like winning! I'm trying to keep my rants to other fan sites. Obviously i personally have failed on occasion.

That being said i would like them to try to think about the future. In order, they must rest Vucevic more, doesn't matter if it looks bad or we take a loss. They really should trade Birch or Bamba at the the deadline. Bamba needs playing time, if your gonna keep him. If you are Birch has a little value and could bring back some depth. More importantly it will free up some minutes. And obviously they should trade Evan if he is healthy and playing well. I honestly don't think they will. 

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I really feel you 100%, I cannot root against something I love, and we were in the same situation not a lot of seasons ago...  but it's also a weird situation, because we clearly enjoy the wins when the team plays well and click together, but at the end of the day, those wins are probably not the best thing for the future of our team, and could lead to more 8th seeds...

It's so hard to tell where we really are right now. 2018-19 we were very lucky with health for most of the year, and ended up with the 8th seed. 2019-20 we had average/slightly above average games missed due to injury, but still ended up with the 8th seed. This year we started strong (4-0), but have been ravaged by injuries since.

I've seen varying degrees of improvement - Vucevic is playing like he's at his peak, Fultz was settling in nicely until the injury, Birch has looked better/more comfortable backing up the PF, Okeke and Anthony have done fairly well for rookies. Ennis and MCW consistently bring energy, and Bacon has played better of late. Bamba even seems to be getting a few more minutes, so maybe he has worked his way out of Clifford's doghouse. He still looks slow and plodding, but seems to have one of the better (+) numbers every game. Not sure how that is happening, cause it doesn't match what I'm seeing?!? I have been disappointed with Fournier, Ross, Gordon, and Clark the most this season. Having said that, even Gordon (before the ankle) and Ross have started to play better. I think Gordon was beginning to really respond to the "point forward" role. Fournier hasn't changed, he still tries to do more than he is capable of, and Clark has just been awful. Aminu is just beginning to play again, so who knows where he is at? We really miss Fultz and Isaac, but I'm still not sure how these pieces all fit together. I wish we could get healthy so we can see!