Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Scratch that, Frank still out. Only 8 healthy tonight again. MCW/Bacon/Okeke/Clark/Vucevic 

Ross/Birch/Bamba

lets get weird

Wrong again. Ross starting not Chuma, which doesn’t make any sense from a rotation standpoint but you do you Steve

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Scratch that, Frank still out. Only 8 healthy tonight again. MCW/Bacon/Okeke/Clark/Vucevic 

Ross/Birch/Bamba

lets get weird

Hopefully Bamba can get around 15mins in this rotation

Is it me or do we have an extraordinary amount of players hurt? Like the worst in the NBA? Might it be time to change the training program and staff?

• Like 1

This one wasn’t worth watching.  At least it’s the final game in the road trip.  Phoenix is pretty good and literally half our team is injured. 

22 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Is it me or do we have an extraordinary amount of players hurt? Like the worst in the NBA? Might it be time to change the training program and staff?

It’s definitely time, not only because of the avalanche of injury this season but because all of the past 3 seasons have been heavily effected by injuries.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

This one wasn’t worth watching.  At least it’s the final game in the road trip.  Phoenix is pretty good and literally half our team is injured. 

Yeah, as long as we’re this beat up the only way we can even compete is if Vooch flirts with 35/15 a night on high percentage shooting

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It’s definitely time, not only because of the avalanche of injury this season but because all of the past 3 seasons have been heavily effected by injuries.

Yeah it's kind of getting ridiculous the amount of stop / start injury issues. Isaac, most prominently. Gordon has repeatedly been not ready when he comes back from being hurt. Always seems off or recovering or dealing with something. Bamba had a number of those back in the lineup then not ready moments. MCW. Now Aminu. Surely some of this has to be on training staff.

Really a nothing game. At one point we had Ross, Okeke, Clark, Birch and Bamba on the court at one time. 2 forwards, 2 Centers and a SG... I don't think we can take anything away from this other than 'wow are we banged up'. 

Okeke had a couple of exciting flashes again. I think he's going to be good. 

Bamba played. I didn't think he was good but he played, he got rebounds, he blocked a shot or two. 

On to the next one. Hopefully we have a couple more bodies for that one.

What does anybody see in Gary Clark?? Why is he still getting minutes? Why not drop some of these guys and bring in a couple of good G League players for the remainder of the season.  At least you know they’ll be hungry and play like they’ve got something to play for- unlike “Slow-Mo Bamba”.

4 hours ago, 0rland0fan said:

What does anybody see in Gary Clark?? Why is he still getting minutes? Why not drop some of these guys and bring in a couple of good G League players for the remainder of the season.  At least you know they’ll be hungry and play like they’ve got something to play for- unlike “Slow-Mo Bamba”.

We're like 2m below the tax and Gary's contract is guaranteed. Adding more guaranteed contracts further inhibits our flexibility. We're losing anyway so it really makes no difference if we lose with Clark or some other guy who'll be out of the league in a year.