Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

Fully on the tank train. With Miami getting Butler back they should move ahead of us over the next few games. FO need to fully commit to tanking with AG going down. We have a real chance of getting a top 3 pick. They need to find a way to stop Clifford from playing Birch over Bamba, perfect time to give him some minutes now we're beyond decimated. Keeping my fingers crossed that this love fest Clifford has for Birch means he'll play him at the 4 now where he has been absolutely awful. Would be an amazing tank move and free up minutes for Bamba.

I've gone from going mad any time I see Clifford giving Birch minutes at the 4 to now wanting him to play him there full time lol.

They should be looking at moving on Fournier as a priority but dont really see what they can do with him considering how capped out we are.

• Upvote 1

The thing about Birch is, he's a really useful player. He's strong, decent lateral quickness for a 5, great offensive rebounder and he's made himself more than a complete zero on offense by adding like little floaters and putting the ball on the deck a bit to attack. And he's the kind of character this organisation wants. If we didn't have Bamba I'd be completely satisfied with him as a backup 5. But this year of all years we really have an opportunity to give Bamba some burn and see if he's going to be something or not. Birch's play has kind of put the FO in an awkward situation because if you ask Cliff to bench him for Bamba you're essentially saying "it doesn't matter how hard you work to improve or how hard you play you're getting benched for our high draft pick" which is not the culture we want to promote. But at the same time, Birch isn't winning us games and we invested a lot of draft capital in Bamba which would help this organisation a lot more if that started to pay off. 

42 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The thing about Birch is, he's a really useful player. He's strong, decent lateral quickness for a 5, great offensive rebounder and he's made himself more than a complete zero on offense by adding like little floaters and putting the ball on the deck a bit to attack. And he's the kind of character this organisation wants. If we didn't have Bamba I'd be completely satisfied with him as a backup 5. But this year of all years we really have an opportunity to give Bamba some burn and see if he's going to be something or not. Birch's play has kind of put the FO in an awkward situation because if you ask Cliff to bench him for Bamba you're essentially saying "it doesn't matter how hard you work to improve or how hard you play you're getting benched for our high draft pick" which is not the culture we want to promote. But at the same time, Birch isn't winning us games and we invested a lot of draft capital in Bamba which would help this organisation a lot more if that started to pay off. 

Again we had been playing Bamba over Birch even as a rookie, before Bamba’s various injuries.  Birch might be a little better than he was but he’s still mostly the same player.  Not sure what’s going on between the team and Bamba. 

10 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Jeff Turner apparently thinks it’s hilarious when we’re losing games, judging by how much he’s laughing during another lousy half of basketball from us.  I really wish the Magic would get rid of him.  

Really? Jeff Turner is this teams problem. Gezzz

16 hours ago, Spaceman said:

Really? Jeff Turner is this teams problem. Gezzz

He’s not the only problem by any means but he’s terrible. I feel bad for David Steele having to put up with him. 

• Upvote 2