Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

Orlando allowed a 20-2 run against Minnesota, a 20-4 run against Indiana, and tonight a 25-4 run in the 4th quarter against Charlotte.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I was there in person to watch this. Can’t really fault us for losing because of Injuries but at the same time why are Ross and Fournier committing low IQ turnovers at crucial moments of the game? These are our vets making things impossible for us, not even the G league players that we have in the rotation right now.  We shoot ourselves in the foot far too often and pair that with our incompetent bench and you have a recipe for disaster every night. Since that 09 team we haven’t been the same and it’s getting old fast. 

Positives:

Gary Clark signs of life. He plays like this every game and he can stay.

Cole had some fun moments

Our offense looked really good for the first 3 quarters (and not just because we were making shots but because we were moving the ball to get good looks)

With AG guarding Hayward we win that game.

Negatives:

The 5 man lineup we had to open the 4th that didn't include any of Fournier, Ross or Vuc. That was terrible on offense and it started the comeback for Charlotte. Hope we don't see that again.

The last possession was a mess. And the Charlotte go ahead bucket possession was bad. Fournier on Hayward 1v1 with no help is bad. 

Look, I really like Khem Birch. He's a tough hustle guy, he's really developed his offensive game, he guards etc. He's a legit solid backup in this league. But if we're going to lose anyway I'd rather see Bamba out there. 

Also are we stealth tanking? AG not playing with a 'sore hip/back' after playing 37 minutes and looking fine and healthy against Indiana is weird. 

I have never had more time and opportunity than this season to watch my favourite team and honestly if it wasn’t for Cole and maybe appreciating Vuc and AG a bit it’d be beyond pointless. Next season already lol