Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

13 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

That foul on Ross at the end of the overtime, wasn’t it a clear path foul? Nobody was in front and it was intentional foul from behind, we had to retain posesiones after the free throw.

I don’t understand that either 

13 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I hate to harp on officiating because even with it being not great we should have won that game but the end of regulation non foul on Fournier with about 15 seconds left and then the apparent not clear path foul on TRoss were bad calls in my opinion.

Agree.  Also agree that in the last few minutes of regulation we stopped moving the ball and went into hero ball mode, which cost us badly.  

15 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

That foul on Ross at the end of the overtime, wasn’t it a clear path foul? Nobody was in front and it was intentional foul from behind, we had to retain posesiones after the free throw.

15 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I hate to harp on officiating because even with it being not great we should have won that game but the end of regulation non foul on Fournier with about 15 seconds left and then the apparent not clear path foul on TRoss were bad calls in my opinion.

That non call on the inbound to Fournier was awful...

On the clear path foul, the claim that I’ve heard is that if the player who is obstructed is at the free throw line or closer to the basket it’s apparently not a clear path foul. That being said I’ve looked up the rule in the NBA officiating book and at a few different locations and none of them mention this being part of the rule.

Odd game, we should have won, but also could have easily gotten blown out. Sick joke to see everyone else flamethrowing on a night that Vooch couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. I actually think the AG backup point guard lineup could be effective IF we were ever able to fill it with shooters.