Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I agree with this. It’s almost like we specifically drafted players who had gone through severe injuries already.

Isaac, Okeke, Anthony, Fultz...

Maybe it was a strategy by the front office to extend the evaluation stage and get more job security 

I think every single one of those were home run swings based on where we were picking or what we gave up for them. Isaac, Okeke and Anthony all project significant higher than their draft position IF they keep their health. Hell, if Cole could’ve come straight from HS to the big leagues he was getting some hype to go # 1. This strategy though is our punishment for never fully tanking and still trying to compete.

32 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fournier is available to play tonight.

Woohoo! So who drops from the rotation? Bamba, MCW and Aminu all still out.

Anthony/Fournier/Bacon/Gordon/Vucevic

Ross/Ennis/Clark/Birch 9 man is kind of my hope with Evan and Aaron rotating second unit ball handling. Also would be just as ok with Bone in and Clark out

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Also... we’ve pretty much determined a healthy MCW will be our starting PG when he gets back, right?

Never getting competent point guard play has been the Magics biggest problem for 15 years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Also... we’ve pretty much determined a healthy MCW will be our starting PG when he gets back, right?

Hope so. 

Speaking of PG's there are rumours that we're interested in Lonzo Ball (I doubt it personally).

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Hope so. 

Speaking of PG's there are rumours that we're interested in Lonzo Ball (I doubt it personally).

Where are you seeing the rumor? If we wanted to try and remain competitive without mortgaging our future, it’d make sense.

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Where are you seeing the rumor? If we wanted to try and remain competitive without mortgaging our future, it’d make sense.

If we get him then what happens to Fultz?

4 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

If we get him then what happens to Fultz?

Given his contract, I’d assume we’d keep Fultz and try to play them together. If WeltHam don’t want to tank this year, this is the kind of deal that makes sense.

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think every single one of those were home run swings based on where we were picking or what we gave up for them. Isaac, Okeke and Anthony all project significant higher than their draft position IF they keep their health. Hell, if Cole could’ve come straight from HS to the big leagues he was getting some hype to go # 1. This strategy though is our punishment for never fully tanking and still trying to compete.

I usually agree with you but I come to the opposite conclusion.  Where we are now is what I predicted on these forums 8 years ago when we broke with all previous Magic history and decided to go with a tanking strategy.  High risk with the odds stacked against you, and if you don’t get that superstar, you condemn yourself to mediocrity or worse for a very long time.

Better to do the hard work of trying to stay competitive and building a team piece by piece, like we did with Heart and Hustle.  It also doesn’t wreck your team culture when you take that approach. 

• Upvote 1