Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

54 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, team option. Maybe the goal is to get Chuma back and healthy and then switch GC out for a wing? I think one of the most frustrating parts of our awful shooting is that Vucevic is playing so well and drawing so much attention that all these guys (not including Ross) are missing wide open shots.

I also heard that Aminu had another setback and is requiring more surgery but don’t have time to look for the link right now. I usually trust the players, and they all seem to love our training staff, but the results are getting really concerning 

Last I read Aminu was close to a return. I know he had to have some 'minor' surgery a month or two ago to fix a recurring problem where his knee swelled after working out, haven't seen anything else about him having a further set back. 

I think it's hard to be critical about something like the training staff because there are so many variables that we can't know and the training staff can't control. And this could quite well be just extraordinary bad luck. 

24 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Last I read Aminu was close to a return. I know he had to have some 'minor' surgery a month or two ago to fix a recurring problem where his knee swelled after working out, haven't seen anything else about him having a further set back. 

I think it's hard to be critical about something like the training staff because there are so many variables that we can't know and the training staff can't control. And this could quite well be just extraordinary bad luck. 

Yeah, it’s just a long long run of extraordinary bad luck

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Aminu, MCW and Fournier all practiced today but won't play tomorrow. Per Dan Savage.

Who the ***** is Aminu? Did we sign a new player?

8 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, team option. Maybe the goal is to get Chuma back and healthy and then switch GC out for a wing? .....

The concern from my standpoint is there’s some chance he isn’t going to be healthy.  He was kept out for 18 months to recover from his knee injury and then quickly reinjures it after just a few games.  I know the current injury was said to not be serious, just a bruise or something, but they sure have kept him out a long time and I haven’t heard anything about a timetable for his return.  

The risk you take in drafting an injured player, I guess.  

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

The concern from my standpoint is there’s some chance he isn’t going to be healthy.  He was kept out for 18 months to recover from his knee injury and then quickly reinjures it after just a few games.  I know the current injury was said to not be serious, just a bruise or something, but they sure have kept him out a long time and I haven’t heard anything about a timetable for his return.  

The risk you take in drafting an injured player, I guess.  

Yeah, I guess Chuma was a bad example. Just from a position stand point would make sense for the FO to be waiting on. Regardless of Chuma’s health, Clark doesn’t belong on our roster

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

not sure if he will make a difference. He was not great when health. He did not look good last year, with the mins he had. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, LaVar said:

not sure if he will make a difference. He was not great when health. He did not look good last year, with the mins he had. 

He’s a glue guy that you stick on a talented team that does the dirty work and the little things, plays solid team defense and hits the occasional 3. How he’ll fit with us after missing over a year and 2 knee surgeries? Who knows, but I’m not optimistic

16 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

There are no coincidences 

I agree with this. It’s almost like we specifically drafted players who had gone through severe injuries already.

Isaac, Okeke, Anthony, Fultz...

Maybe it was a strategy by the front office to extend the evaluation stage and get more job security 

• Like 1

Our beat writer is on the local radio right now saying the team has not acquired shooters. I take back my joke about Aminu we really do need him back, at the very least so Clark rides the bench. He also said even though Aminu,Evan and MCW are close probably won't be till Friday. Bamba still out due to contract tracing protocol.