Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

26 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, let’s be honest, we’re playing several guys that don’t belong on an nba roster. 

If I’m GM, I’m looking to trade AG, Ross and Fournier, and I’m asking Vooch if he wants to stay to be part of it all with a top 5 pick, JI, Kelle, Cole, and Chuma and rebuild yet again, or if he wants to move on. If he wants to stay I’m giving him the rest of the year off if he wants it because we need to find out what we have in Mo Bamba

Bang on. 

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Didn't he have Covid already?

Yup... but there’s not enough evidence that he couldn’t still possibly be an asymptomatic carrier of the virus and pass it on. There’s also several cases of people testing positive more than once

28 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, let’s be honest, we’re playing several guys that don’t belong on an nba roster. 

If I’m GM, I’m looking to trade AG, Ross and Fournier, and I’m asking Vooch if he wants to stay to be part of it all with a top 5 pick, JI, Kelle, Cole, and Chuma and rebuild yet again, or if he wants to move on. If he wants to stay I’m giving him the rest of the year off if he wants it because we need to find out what we have in Mo Bamba

Completely agree. Vuc has given everything for this team and it’s disappointing to see day in and day out the roster we put around him. We have players that don’t belong in the NBA and possibly competing for a bench role on a G League team. Trade everyone except Vuc, Kelle, JI, Chuma and Cole. If Vuc stays he deserves a monument for putting up with this crap. If not, I wouldn’t be mad if he wanted to leave. And please put a coach next to Clifford who knows something of offense.

We really should sell now and get in early cos as someone else mentioned after the deadline there is gonna be a lot teams doing the tank. The time is now, get what we can for Evan, Ross and AG. Yeah if Vooch wants to leave then mid farewell to him too. Whats our ''realistic'' hauls we can get for these players? 

38 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yup... but there’s not enough evidence that he couldn’t still possibly be an asymptomatic carrier of the virus and pass it on. There’s also several cases of people testing positive more than once

The incidence of reinfection so far is extremely low. And he can’t be contagious if he’s not infected.  

12 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

The incidence of reinfection so far is extremely low. And he can’t be contagious if he’s not infected.  

Extremely low > Zero

I’m not making the call, defending the call or agreeing or disagreeing with the call, I’m not a doctor, I’m just letting you know why Mo didn’t play tonight.

I was always saying that Clifford is a great assistant coach, we must get a young modern head coach who understands where the whole league is going...

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Every one of these I sit through puts me more in the 'blow it up' camp. I've got a ton of respect for Vuc, I think he's criminally underrated by a lot of people and I don't really want to trade him but he deserves better than to be in a lineup with Jordan Bone, James Ennis and Gary Clark at the same time. 

I actually think he's criminally overrated, classic stats guy that doesn't win games. It's not like we haven't had time to scout him in the past...

But yes, someway I could agree that he deserves better, and we also deserve better... another plan, another direction, because that's getting awful and was really simple to predict. It's not obviously Vuch fault, but of who hasn't traded him, and then also renewed for too much money and with no intention to trade him later. Same fault of who hired Cliff, that is not the right coach in that style/era of basketball. Same fault of who's evaluating that same team since three years, when it wasn't even necessary to evaluate year one.

All of that has always being evident, but every offseason a lot of us believe that we're going to magically solve all our problems.. I've enormous respect for that fan passion, but passion alone doesn't lead anywhere, a solid project do.

The other day someone was missing Henny, don't remember who, but I've given him a +1. Final result was obviously a disaster, but we'll never know if that was the kind of path he wanted, or just a mandate from Martins to win now. At least, before that disaster, he seemed to have a project and completed some good trades. He was active at least, had cap space, options assets... right now we're in the worst possible position a NBA team could be.

Finally, we can blame injuries, but it's not like Boston was fully healthy. They were the team with troubles a few days ago when the game was postponed, and were without two players that would be N1andN2 in our weak sad team (plus another solid rotational guy).

There is a great post on reddit about how the Warriors rested Steph the entire year with his injury. The same injury Vooch had back in the 2017-2018 season. Vucevic came back in the middle of the season and averaged over 30 minutes a game for 20 straight games. They finally rested him the last 6 games, and we still won 3 of them.Just enough to drop to number 6 in the draft.