Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

The biggest take away for me tonight was that Clifford MUST go!  There was a stretch where Anthony had it going and instead of pouring  confidence into the rookie and seeing if you can’t find a diamond—he has him give up the ball... This league is built on stars and talent first and we have a coach that hinders and days that growth... 

7 minutes ago, davidmguevara said:

The biggest take away for me tonight was that Clifford MUST go!  There was a stretch where Anthony had it going and instead of pouring  confidence into the rookie and seeing if you can’t find a diamond—he has him give up the ball... This league is built on stars and talent first and we have a coach that hinders and days that growth... 

As much as this may be true I think we need to keep him around for now, when we finally have a healthy team and are running the offence correctly and are still losing then he must go. We have had so many coach changes having one stick around till end of contact is better for the team. 

11 hours ago, davidmguevara said:

This is so stupid, Clifford use sheer will to get this talent starved team to the playoffs. It's not him. How is Vogel looking these days?

45 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

This is so stupid, Clifford use sheer will to get this talent starved team to the playoffs. It's not him. How is Vogel looking these days?

His team just won a title and they have the best record in the league. I know, a lot of coaches could probably do the same with that roster, just saying.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

His team just won a title and they have the best record in the league. I know, a lot of coaches could probably do the same with that roster, just saying.

Thanks for understanding my point. It's the roster, not the coach. Remember when he was the Magic's coach? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Thanks for understanding my point. It's the roster, not the coach. Remember when he was the Magic's coach? 

Yeah, I agree. Most of this decisions regarding the roster of this team in the last several years have been terrible. Add to that our injury issues and you have the recipe for disaster. 

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Rather play cole and AG with bone and see it out. The goal for me is championships by ANY means necessary. This season we are not winning it. Lets do what Golden State did last year and what Spurs did when they got Duncan years ago... get a top 2 pick. And come back next year East contenders with a healty MF & J.I

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Rather play cole and AG with bone and see it out. The goal for me is championships by ANY means necessary. This season we are not winning it. Lets do what Golden State did last year and what Spurs did when they got Duncan years ago... get a top 2 pick. And come back next year East contenders with a healty MF & J.I

99% sure that Clifford will start MCW at the 1 whenever he’s healthy