Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

8 hours ago, harley said:

I firmly believe we just have to take a swing and go for low cost high reward player like DSJ, Frank or Mudiay. With the hope the player has a break out. **** were due for some luck?! If even try unload Aminu and grab Omari Spellman of waivers.  Let’s get some youth through the door and hope a couple pay off.

Lol Exactly what i was thinking....pay the price to move Aminu. Get Spellman or some other forward depth. If only Aminu wasn't such a mystery he could easily be a matching contract to trade. However i just don't see it happening. I don't think now is the time to get a lottery ticket type player though, whoever they get will have to at least be an average, steady ball handler.

I had recorded a few games and was planning on talking about the good or bad things. Then the injury happened and i just didn't post. Anyhow some good things to talk about. The Magic play very hard, you can't deny that. They only seem to slack off after a series of tough losses. 

I have been very impressed how some players have worked on becoming more complete players. Ross and Vucevic are right at the top, especially Ross. Last two years he has become better at passing and defending and shot selection. Birch and Bacon are out there doing what they do best, playing within themselves. McW is an amazing player if you only play him a certain amount of minutes. This statement will not age well, but it's the truth and one of the biggest reasons we need to pick up another guard ASAP. Gordon and Fultz were going to be my main topics, not gonna mention Fultz in the moment.

Gordon is shooting lights out and getting some key rebounds and seemed to be better at positioning. He has a great stroke. This is probably the reason he gets so much national press. There is nothing wrong with the way he shoots, it's a beautiful stroke. So why is he not more consistent? Always has been the big question mark on this team. It's either in his head or how we use him. I did see a few other things. He should be getting more rebounds, in my mind i think that's more about how we use him. The last thing with Gordon is his first step or burst. After all these years i'm going to have to say he doesn't have it. Not that elite step, and the difference is incredibly small but important. I thought maybe if he could stop thinking and let his instincts take over he would get 2 or 3 more baskets in the paint per game. Part of it is seeing the floor and processing quickly, and he can still be better with that. However it's a part of his game i'm doubting will get better, besides wide open lanes. In fact all of our guys are pretty average at finishing around the basket. I'm talking about body control not post moves. If you watched the two Cavs games you saw it, was horrific at times. In fact the best way to say this, Cole just got here and he might be the best finisher on the team, besides Ross.Watching Cole was interesting. Love his killer instincts, knows how to play defense. Decent passer, good at the basket. Very good pick for us and i guess we are gonna see him alot now.It was good to see Bamba and Ennis back on the court.

I hope the Magic bring in another guard soon. I like watching this team when they are clicking. And that is the bottom line. The current team is fun to watch, i hope we can get healthy and stay that way.

Obligatory Edit. Evan still has to go, and i hope he comes back healthy and shoots 50% from 3 for the next month. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Nice to see Cliff say Cole is starting moving forward..

Thank goodness we drafted him. Love his moxie. I think he can be special.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think this is most likely at least in the short term. We have Cole, MCW and Bone has flashed something early on plus I think we could run some lineups with no PG and AG handling the ball (Ross/Fournier/Bacon/AG/Vuc for example). 

Please check your messages.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

being a Hoosier homer I wouldn't mind Yogi Farrell...he's pretty small, but he can shoot

22 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Trade for Devonte Graham. LaMelo Ball is stepping on his heels and tanking his fantasy value ;)

• Like 1

Checkout Glen Davis talking to someone asking him questions about hardest guy he ever had to guard in the NBA...He talks about the magic...lol!!

28 minutes ago, Extential said:

Just read that Gordon is not playing in tonight’s game.

It’s going to be interesting what kind of lineup we roll with and what the rotations will be with all these injuries. I imagine Clark slide to start at the 4 tonight with Birch playing some backup PF possibly.