Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

Just now, Jay Magic said:

Isaiah Thomas?

Its a difficult 1. For all we know Bone just needs a proper opportunity.

Kelle getting hurt has thrown a massive spanner in the works

I enjoyed Briscoes tenacity while he was here and he’s Kyries cousin that has to count for something lol. On a more serious note I liked what I saw from Bone last night. He wasn’t afraid to be aggressive and found the open man most times. I think we could be ok with him running the backup point but MCW can’t be out for long or we will be in trouble, unless bone is the next unknown name to blow up. We are way overdue for one of those so hopefully it’s the latter.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

For what though? We'd probably have to give up a 1st round pick for one of those guys which is rough for a 1 year rental that's not going to push us into contention.

I'd probably offer Shabazz Napier a vet min. 

Napier would be ok and he has already played for us. 

Barea, Mudiay, Napier, Okobo, IT are interesting free agents. We’ve also applied for a $6.3 million injured player exception which we could use in a trade. Also still have the $3.7 million from Isaac.

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Barea, Mudiay, Napier, Okobo, IT are interesting free agents. We’ve also applied for a $6.3 million injured player exception which we could use in a trade. Also still have the $3.7 million from Isaac.

Mudiay had good games last season with Jazz. 

16 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Jeremy Lin too maybe? Since Cliff coached him in Charlotte.

12 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jeremy Lin too maybe? Since Cliff coached him in Charlotte.

He is done as a basketball player. 

The trade market looks pretty slim. I'm looking for guys where emerging players might be taking their minutes or where there are 1 too many guards on the roster and I really can't find anything. Corey Joseph was the only name I could come up with (besides the previously mentioned Rose and Hill) and he probably makes too much money.

12 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The trade market looks pretty slim. I'm looking for guys where emerging players might be taking their minutes or where there are 1 too many guards on the roster and I really can't find anything. Corey Joseph was the only name I could come up with (besides the previously mentioned Rose and Hill) and he probably makes too much money.

Maybe this is finally the time that we trade for Ntilikina 

19 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

At this point we're owed some major luck by the basketball god's so maybe Jordan Bone is going to be awesome. 

I saw some flashes last night and it isn’t uncommon that a player just needs the right system/opportunity to make it in this league. Hope we get that luck and Bone turns out to be a stud.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Isaiah Thomas?

Its a difficult 1. For all we know Bone just needs a proper opportunity.

Kelle getting hurt has thrown a massive spanner in the works

I honestly think Bone will prove to be great for us