Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

36 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Gordon is worth more than a salary dump. I think he'd do great on a team with defined all-stars and a defined role. In Orlando, he's not had an alpha male to look up to, push him, or hold him accountable. In a trade, I see him getting us another good (but not great) piece like LeVert, Smart, etc.

I would have sold my soul to move Gordon to the Suns with a pick swap. Give me Oubre and the tenth pick and i would have drafted Haliburton or Vassell. They drafted a power forward who might or might not be a bust because they went with a position of need . They wanted a power forward bad! Also give me two firsts and we somehow convince a lesser forward to join the team for a year, like Jamychal Green or somebody. These were the rumors and convince me if we acted fast we couldn't have been on the Portland deal, or even one of these other 3 team deals like Detroit. Detroit payed Dedmon to not play for them! Maybe a Gordon and Bamba would have gotten Wood and some lesser forward! It's a very real, talked about debated about thing with the Magic. Talk shows debate it, websites debate it. It's real.

Had to edit to say not hindsight, many Magic posters wanted both those players if we traded up somehow.

The magic double down on mistake after mistake after mistake. Tobias trade was a mistake. It's ok we really, really needed a point guard. Elfrid was a project and should have been protected by spending for a real interim, quality guard...16-18 million dollars per year. it happens, no problem. Trying to turn Oladipo into a point guard, mistake and relying on Ridnour and Watson, big mistake. Move forward, Marble,Napier,Smith...is this a joke? Drafting Mario, eh everyone does this. I still don't get it but like everyone else i feel like the entire franchise understands some busts are just busts.

Moving forward to the big stuff. Look, nobody understands the Oladipo trade and the Biyombo signing. This is very unique, highly controversial stuff. We chose Evan, i get that, the trade with OKC was Likely and inside job, no need to include the pick. However still not ridiculous, until we include these facts. We did not sign Ibaka, why sign Biyombo?

Ok still awful. Management screwed up. Why was Vucevic not traded? Awesome value at that time. Season played out and i guess some could say thank god we didn't trade Vucevic. Except if we did we surely would have be so awful the next two years to get one of those franchise players we coveted.

Move forward. Isaac was a project but really was the best pick at the time. Gordon was no All-star, Vooch was Vooch, Evan was about to have his best year. 

Why the ***** did we draft Bamba? Because 75 out of 100 websites said we should? Let's go back in time. Yes we just missed out on a top 3 draft pick because of literally one win. The draft happens, we draft the third best center and if you want to project big men not centers, the fourth best projected big man. Meanwhile the entire fan base is hoping we draft a point guard. Yeah i get it we didn't get Trea. Turns out the next two point guards in the draft worked out. 

Why the ***** did we draft Bamba? Because we were looking for the next Shaq? He was already off the board or never on the board. We drafted Bamba because he was safe. Our gm's didn't pick him the consensus did!

TL;DR ***** our non watching games, soft Gms's. This is the one year when everyone can see people in charge are not always competent. 

• Upvote 2

I’d almost argue it was worse that we decided to trade our second rounder for cash that ended up THT, or trading this year for a future 2nd when we could of drafted a Grant Riller for example. With where our roster sits surely we need to be taking chances on second rounders to find a diamond in the rough instead of rolling out Ennis, Bacon, Aminu etc Fact is if we had of kept our pick THT would prob be the most exciting talent on our disaster of a roster. They’re on the clock to get a good deal for Evan and Gordon. We need something to get excited about. I don’t care we’re 4-1 atm. It’s with same roster that will cap out at 8 seed at best smh 

12 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

Okeke out for several weeks. Maybe we should start drafting healthy players....

Quickly becoming the laughingstock of the NBA. Watch carefully these next two months. I want to watch competitive games. Last night is what we can expect if we don't get real.

Gonna watch every game i can but in order for our gm to not get fired, Fultz and Vucevic will have to be all-stars. Honestly i can't see it any other way.Maybe Cole being rookie of the year? Kudos to him if he pulls it off.

19 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

Okeke out for several weeks. Maybe we should start drafting healthy players....

It’s like they learned nothing from signing Grant Hill when he was on crutches 20 years ago. 

Struggle to keep guys healthy? Let’s draft guys with known injury history.

Need shooters? Let’s draft wingspan and known defenders and teach them how to shoot... by the way, they’re not gonna get much better at shooting and they’re gonna entirely forget how to play defense.

Ugh, this team is so damn hard to cheer for. At least Okeke to Clark in the rotation is pretty much a wash, but I’m continually unimpressed with our training staff and our decision makers. Need to get Ross, Fournier and Ennis healthy quick.

• Upvote 1

No structural damage for Chuma, bone bruise. Ruled out for tomorrow and the duration he’s out depends on how he responds to treatment.

Fournier Questionable for tomorrow

Ross Probable

Average fan watching. Wow we won 4 games. The rest of us watching, we beat the Heat(wow!) and two teams that are really bad. Particularly the Thunder, if you watched the game it was a rotation designed to lose which came really close to winning. I watched the game, all those Poku minutes, really? Not even going to mention Roby.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Super early 2021 pessimist poster saying. i want Cade!

Don’t think we’re gonna be anywhere near bad enough for Cade unless Vucevic misses a ton of time. Honestly, at this point I just hope we don’t randomly extend Fournier but I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if we do