Soul Bro

2020-2021 General Game Thread

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

what the heck was that airball by gordon...

Hes just putrid. Can’t wait to trade him. Been this player for far too long. We need him to be a leader and he delivers this garbage 

6 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Magic already planning their New Years eve parties.

Running into Aaron Gordon at the London House tonight I can confirm. 

Caught up with the game this morning. Somewhere close to half time I just started skipping the game forward to see if the score ever got close. Finally called it quits when i skipped and saw Dwight Howard make a 3. Horrible game all around. Was always going to be tough without TRoss and then Fournier. Just not enough scoring to survive without both of those guys. On to the next one. Hopefully this is a wake up call and not a crash back to reality.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Caught up with the game this morning. Somewhere close to half time I just started skipping the game forward to see if the score ever got close. Finally called it quits when i skipped and saw Dwight Howard make a 3. Horrible game all around. Was always going to be tough without TRoss and then Fournier. Just not enough scoring to survive without both of those guys. On to the next one. Hopefully this is a wake up call and not a crash back to reality.

Giving up 75 in the first half had nothing to do with lack of scoring, though.  There was a lack of effort the whole game that was disturbing. 

13 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Giving up 75 in the first half had nothing to do with lack of scoring, though.  There was a lack of effort the whole game that was disturbing. 

That is on coaches as well. They must prepare their team to play.

11 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

These bench guys...Bone and Mane, they look so awkward and definitely not like NBA players 

It's a Magic tradition. Other teams have either really old NBA players, or really young fringe NBA guys at the end of their bench. The Magic like to have at least two guys who have no business being in the NBA.

We don't have Terrence Davis's or even a Jamal Crawford type who might be washed but can still drop 50 points one last time. Ever notice how we never even get the Solomon Hill's or Demare Carroll's or the Langston Galloway's on our bench?
I'm not gonna over hype this loss but it's disturbing how it's really the same thing every year. Our 15 man roster is so lacking in talent that our bench automatically becomes the worst in the league once we lose a starter or two. It's the little moves that make a good franchise. Look no further then the team that beat us. How did they get Curry? Why was it so easy for them to get rid of Horfords contract? How come they have 3 very intriguing guards on the Bench? I love that we have Cole but we should have had a few other options waiting in the wings if we lose Evan. A second rounder, a trade for another teams player who isn't getting minutes. 

Again, this isn't an overreaction to a loss, just some observations. Go Magic!

Ps. Harris was and still is much better then Gordon, i always figured Gordon's ceiling was much higher. I was wrong.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Harris was and still is much better then Gordon, i always figured Gordon's ceiling was much higher. I was wrong.

Harris has a ridiculously big contract, which we wouldn’t want, but I also thought Gordon would become better than Harris. 

Just now, Soul Bro said:

Harris has a ridiculously big contract, which we wouldn’t want, but I also thought Gordon would become better than Harris. 

Well almost this entire board said that 6 years ago! We all said Harris will not be an All-star and will be overpaid by someone. The fans seem to watch basketball more then some GM's do and yes sometimes we can be couch gm's. However instead of using hindsight to point out past mistakes, let's hope management corrects mistakes. Like Philly did with Horford. The fact is we probably really needed to trade Gordon last off season.They were too complacent, now it's a toss up. Does he keep losing value or does he keep showing flashes? Does he stay healthy or does he get injured like everyone else? If he gets hurt i would bet good money he is a salary dump in the off season. After all we just paid Isaac and have Chuma. And if he gets traded this coming off season for nothing people will say he had no value, but that's not true. It's all in the timing.

Which brings us back to the start of this post. We traded Harris for a stretch four and a point guard. The problem was the timing. We had no business trying to win that year, Harris should have been traded for a young player or pick. Or at least a point guard like George Hill who would have helped the younger guys develop. Not a washed up point guard who was really an undersized shooting guard. It's all in the timing.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Well almost this entire board said that 6 years ago! We all said Harris will not be an All-star and will be overpaid by someone. The fans seem to watch basketball more then some GM's do and yes sometimes we can be couch gm's. However instead of using hindsight to point out past mistakes, let's hope management corrects mistakes. Like Philly did with Horford. The fact is we probably really needed to trade Gordon last off season.They were too complacent, now it's a toss up. Does he keep losing value or does he keep showing flashes? Does he stay healthy or does he get injured like everyone else? If he gets hurt i would bet good money he is a salary dump in the off season. After all we just paid Isaac and have Chuma. And if he gets traded this coming off season for nothing people will say he had no value, but that's not true. It's all in the timing.

Which brings us back to the start of this post. We traded Harris for a stretch four and a point guard. The problem was the timing. We had no business trying to win that year, Harris should have been traded for a young player or pick. Or at least a point guard like George Hill who would have helped the younger guys develop. Not a washed up point guard who was really an undersized shooting guard. It's all in the timing.

Gordon is worth more than a salary dump. I think he'd do great on a team with defined all-stars and a defined role. In Orlando, he's not had an alpha male to look up to, push him, or hold him accountable. In a trade, I see him getting us another good (but not great) piece like LeVert, Smart, etc.