Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

How do people feel about this trade that was agreed to on the Dunc'd on mock trade deadline:

Fournier + Bamba to Spurs

Aldridge and a Top 8 protected 2021 FRP to Magic

Personally not a fan of this deal. When they initially started discussions the deal was just Fournier for Rudy Gay and a top 10 protected FRP(which I would do in a heartbeat), somehow that devolved into us giving up Bamba, taking back Aldridge (who we'd 100% have to buy out) and only losing a couple spots of protection.

I don’t like it either.  Bamba alone has too much value for that considering we’d have to pay Aldridge to go bye bye.

3 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

I don’t like it either.  Bamba alone has too much value for that considering we’d have to pay Aldridge to go bye bye.

Just want to point out something. No team has to buy out a player. They do it to curry favor of the agents representing that player or as a favor to that player. If a team traded for a player that is expiring during that season, they can let that player ride the bench. There is no "need" to buy them out 

As I explained in an earlier post if you research rookie players on the last year of their rookie contracts, 3 very obvious things happen if they are not extended. Everyone do the research. If Bamba and Vucevic go into next season on this team, very likely the Magic will move on from one of them. When it happens it will not be on terms favorable to the team. Meaning we will lose one of them for no compensation, or very little.

I'm going to go even further, the Magic, even in the best circumstances have to make serious financial decisions this summer. If they make no trades before the draft, almost anything they do will have no leverage. Most likely we will be simply cutting people with no plan but simply hoping everything works out. No real point guard on the roster? Hope Fultz has a miraculous recovery and makes up for 3 years of hardly any playing time. Evan simply expires? Great his contract covers the rise of Fultz and Isaac but we didn't trade for a cheap young pg with potential. Gordon on the last year of his contract? Everyone is healthy and we have 5 forwards, where is the leverage? 

Sad to see most other teams have a basic excel spreadsheet and at least a little relationship with other teams GM's willing to work with them.

It's like our GM's are Danny Ainge without the balls or success or even the 4 or 5 decisions he got right! 

Nah, we good no need to trade for cap space or a young player who might work out 

Draft? No problem, we just buy magazines that tell us who to pick! 

SMDH

• Like 1

Bulls receive: Aaron Gordon and a 2023 second-round draft pick

Magic receive: Lauri Markkanen and Cristiano Felicio

Heat receive: Aaron Gordon 

Magic receive: Andre Iguodala, KZ Okpala, a 2022 second-round draft pick via the Philadelphia 76ers or Denver Nuggets and a 2025 first-round draft pick 

Mavericks receive: Aaron Gordon

Magic receive: James Johnson, Josh Green, Wes Iwundu, a 2022 second-round draft pick and a 2024 second-round draft pick

https://clutchpoints.com/orlando-magic-3-teams-who-could-trade-for-aaron-gordon/

If these are the best offers we're getting I'd rather just keep AG

14 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

https://clutchpoints.com/orlando-magic-3-teams-who-could-trade-for-aaron-gordon/

I agree those are horrible offers but what is the alternative.  Is his value going up by the draft?  Will it be higher next year when he is in the last year of his contract?  Would it make sense to sign him to another long term deal?  I am just not convinced of his long term fit with Isaac.  

The reason your seeing trades like the ones above is because the Magic most likely would trade for and expiring and young cheap player. That way they gain cap space. Unfortunately these are the types of trades we have to make now.

Rubio and McDaniels for Gordon.

I thought McDaniels was one of the steals of the draft. He'd fit in perfect with our young nucleus.

15 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

Rubio and McDaniels for Gordon.

I thought McDaniels was one of the steals of the draft. He'd fit in perfect with our young nucleus.

The problem is Rubio's contract. I like the idea of adding McDaniels or Nowell from MN, though.

7 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Well, the good news is at this point I’ve seen about a third of the league linked to him, so if we’re playing it right, his cost should be going up

Here is a far out trade that would never happen but i would pay my soul to see.

https://tradenba.com/trades/6XvUF1LK1

Durant to Orlando since he is a little ***** for going to Golden State. Vucevic,Gordon and MCW to the Nets. Nets have shown they don't need him and Gordon and MCW are tenacious defenders who would improve the Nets defense. Vucevic gives the Nets 3 players who average ridiculous numbers making them impossible to defend, while drastically improving their salary cap.

Nets win 2 titles, Orlando starts 5 players next year who all have torn ACL's and win the title in 2023.

Lebron retires because the world isn't fair.