Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

There’s a ton of smoke around an AG trade right now for it to not turn in to a fire. Rumors also that we’re shopping Fournier, Ross and to a lesser extent Vucevic. 10 days till the deadline, buckle up

14 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

There’s a ton of smoke around an AG trade right now for it to not turn in to a fire. Rumors also that we’re shopping Fournier, Ross and to a lesser extent Vucevic. 10 days till the deadline, buckle up

We get CP3 yet? I’m still strapped! 

A Gordon for Levert swap would have been lovely, in hindsight. Levert was blowing up this year before the tumor news. Great to see him back now with no real restrictions. 

Getting excited hearing all the Gordon talk. I just hope they don’t mess it up. I don’t want just cap relief and future “draft capital”. I want some damn young talent back. Haha. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

All the while, there are still opposing front offices skeptical the Magic will actually strike a deal. Orlando is still just four games from the 10th seed and this year's play-in tournament. Despite all of the Magic's willingness to hold conversations, few teams have generated significant traction in those calls. "You talk to them and it's just like, 'Well, you know, we're open to this…' It's just like talking in circles," an assistant general manager said. Another league source with knowledge of Orlando's talks added, "They don't pick up the phone and call."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2936163-rival-nba-execs-see-major-trade-opportunity-in-orlandos-available-stars

LOL

“In several conversations before the Rockets moved Harden, sources said Houston asked interested teams to engage Orlando as a means for the Rockets to ultimately net Gordon, similar to how they ended up acquiring Victor Oladipo. That same line of thinking now seems to be taking place in Houston's early talks gauging Oladipo's own trade value. ‘Whatever happens with this Oladipo situation, they want to turn into Aaron Gordon,’ one person with knowledge of the situation said.”

This quote is crazy. If Dipo goes to Miami, could we get Herro out of it? Or if Dipo goes somewhere else, same kind of young player?

Meanwhile, if we trade for Rubio or Powell, I’ll be an unhappy camper. Rubio is decent enough to actually hurt our tank this year,

Let the fire sale begin!

What would be the point in trading Aaron Gordon before the draft when he has another year on his deal? Unless we get a star back which is unlikely.

Surely it would better to wait to see where the ping pong balls drop before trading him.

4 minutes ago, MagicMoses said:

What would be the point in trading Aaron Gordon before the draft when he has another year on his deal? Unless we get a star back which is unlikely.

Surely it would better to wait to see where the ping pong balls drop before trading him.

Some teams might be more willing to surrender assets now in a win-now mode than this summer.

If the blazers are serious, the conversation needs to start with Gary Trent Jr or at least to a lesser extent, Anfreenee Simons.

hearing names like Powell, Rubio, or Bol Bol is just depressing