Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

58 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Our roster with Vucevic has really reminded me of the Warriors run right before they made their title runs. David Lee was a stud, and an all-star but it was fully at the detriment of the rest of the teams skill set. I appreciate everything Vooch has meant to this franchise but you can’t help but wonder how guys like Aaron, Elfrid, Victor, just to name a few, would have developed here if we ran a system based on their skills instead of forcing them to slow down the pace.

^plus infinity. Well stated!

16 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Our roster with Vucevic has really reminded me of the Warriors run right before they made their title runs. David Lee was a stud, and an all-star but it was fully at the detriment of the rest of the teams skill set. I appreciate everything Vooch has meant to this franchise but you can’t help but wonder how guys like Aaron, Elfrid, Victor, just to name a few, would have developed here if we ran a system based on their skills instead of forcing them to slow down the pace.

That was my point, written better and with a good example. :)

Through the most recent seasons years Nik was probably always the player with more touches, shoots, usage%. Other young players failed and are not with us anymore, other stagnated... Has lead us nowhere but a first round exit. He's not his fault either as I've repeated a lot of times, I don't think he's a player you could be around a contender, but if we have keeped him in our team... what's, 10 years now? Well, if management consider he's a piece you could build around, what the hell are waiting for to make the other moves to transform that poor roster in a contender? When he'll be 32/33, it will be already too late... 

18 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

David Lee was not what was holding that team back

On 3/13/2021 at 12:27 PM, Soul Bro said:
I’d do this deal in a NY minute...

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2Fmagic.png
MAGIC GET
LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE
DEVIN VASSELL
LUKA SAMANIC
2 FUTURE 1ST ROUND PICKS
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fnba%2Fspurs.png
SPURS GET
NIKOLA VUCEVIC

I would as well, it's not a fantastic return but it would  start us down the right road. Have to time this with a Gordon trade at the same time. 

18 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Post of the year! Only because it is so freaking wrong it's hilarious.!

The biggest thing the Magic have been missing is decent point guard play. If you don't have a superstar scorer or Iso player, the next best thing is a veteran point guard. Players develop better with veteran point guard play. Outside of DJ having a career year and Fultz looking decent for 3 months we have had possibly the worst point guard situation the last 8 years.

Now i'm going to go sit on my porch crying about Shai Gilgeous-Alexander while listening to Mo Bamba by Sheck Wes.

How do people feel about this trade that was agreed to on the Dunc'd on mock trade deadline:

Fournier + Bamba to Spurs

Aldridge and a Top 8 protected 2021 FRP to Magic

Personally not a fan of this deal. When they initially started discussions the deal was just Fournier for Rudy Gay and a top 10 protected FRP(which I would do in a heartbeat), somehow that devolved into us giving up Bamba, taking back Aldridge (who we'd 100% have to buy out) and only losing a couple spots of protection.

22 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

How do people feel about this trade that was agreed to on the Dunc'd on mock trade deadline:

Fournier + Bamba to Spurs

Aldridge and a Top 8 protected 2021 FRP to Magic

Personally not a fan of this deal. When they initially started discussions the deal was just Fournier for Rudy Gay and a top 10 protected FRP(which I would do in a heartbeat), somehow that devolved into us giving up Bamba, taking back Aldridge (who we'd 100% have to buy out) and only losing a couple spots of protection.

I’m fine with it

14 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m fine with it

LOL.  Anybody else get the feeling that Soul Bro is ready for a change?

Can’t say as I blame him, either.  

24 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

LOL.  Anybody else get the feeling that Soul Bro is ready for a change?

Can’t say as I blame him, either.  

It's the definition of insanity. I just cannot believe how absurdly bad we are after all these years. Our future rests in two players with extreme injuries, unproven rookies and a centerpiece center who has never led us past the first round of the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

The Orlando Magic are listening on trade offers for athletic forward Aaron Gordon, as reported by Shams Charania of The Athletic. Charania reports the Minnesota Timberwolves and Portland Trail Blazers as trade suitors, while  Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report has more details on suitors and a pair of deals that fell through earlier this season.

Fischer reports the Houston Rockets, Dallas MavericksDenver Nuggets, and Golden State Warriors as other teams with notable interest, with the Rockets especially intrigued by a deal as they remake their roster. Some members of the New Orleans Pelicans’ front office also reportedly like Gordon, though it’s unclear how much interest there is in a deal.

As for the trades that almost happened, an agreement between the Magic and Timberwolves was apparently about to be finalized in early February. The deal involved swapping Gordon for veteran point guard Ricky Rubio and draft capital. This was derailed when Gordon went down with an ankle sprain that kept him sidelined until recently, but Minnesota is still interested. 

Before the blockbuster James Harden trade, the Brooklyn Nets reportedly presented a trade package that would have swapped Gordon for either Caris LeVert or Spencer Dinwiddie. This deal did not materialize as Orlando was looking for more valuable draft capital than Brooklyn could give.   

The Magic’s demands for the spectacular dunker are not prohibitive and involve draft picks and young prospects. At 6-foot-8 and 235 pounds, Gordon can defend multiple positions and finish strong at the rim. His shooting has been a bit erratic throughout his career, though, and his fit in Orlando has never been the strongest thanks to the presence of so many big men. 

Gordon is reportedly welcoming a fresh start, and it sure feels like a trade is inevitable. While the Rockets would love to get something done, there are other teams working to make a move.

https://clutchpoints.com/magic-rumors-aaron-gordon-trade-feels-inevitable-almost-getting-dealt-twice/

12 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Before the blockbuster James Harden trade, the Brooklyn Nets reportedly presented a trade package that would have swapped Gordon for either Caris LeVert or Spencer Dinwiddie. This deal did not materialize as Orlando was looking for more valuable draft capital than Brooklyn could give.

Man, it is getting really hard to find words to describe our "FO"...

It's important to remember any rumour we're involved in either comes from another FO or an agent as there's never been a leak out of this front offfice and so you should take everything with a pinch of salt as their may be ulterior motives at play. 

For example maybe Minnesota is trying to acquire a different PF and they're using this as a "see we basically can get AG whenever we want with the deal we nearly finalised previously".

All the while, there are still opposing front offices skeptical the Magic will actually strike a deal. Orlando is still just four games from the 10th seed and this year's play-in tournament. Despite all of the Magic's willingness to hold conversations, few teams have generated significant traction in those calls. "You talk to them and it's just like, 'Well, you know, we're open to this…' It's just like talking in circles," an assistant general manager said. Another league source with knowledge of Orlando's talks added, "They don't pick up the phone and call."

- https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2936163-rival-nba-execs-see-major-trade-opportunity-in-orlandos-available-stars

LOL