Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

There are so many trade rumours out there now. Can't imagine it'll be long until moves start happening.

What are you seeing?

I fear that anybody expecting more than Birch or Fournier to be traded are gonna wind up disappointed. I hate to say it, but I just don’t have any faith in this front office 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I fear that anybody expecting more than Birch or Fournier to be traded are gonna wind up disappointed. I hate to say it, but I just don’t have any faith in this front office 

If we unload both that would be a huge step in the right direction. Means we are committed to developing Bamba and moving on from the failed buddy ball experiment. So even if that’s all we do I would be ecstatic. 

9 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

If we unload both that would be a huge step in the right direction. Means we are committed to developing Bamba and moving on from the failed buddy ball experiment. So even if that’s all we do I would be ecstatic. 

Well, I’m even skeptical on that, but from a logical standpoint they’re both expirings that we can’t afford to pay this off-season to stay out of the tax. If they were under contract for next year, I’d fully expect us to stay put.

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Well, I’m even skeptical on that, but from a logical standpoint they’re both expirings that we can’t afford to pay this off-season to stay out of the tax. If they were under contract for next year, I’d fully expect us to stay put.

Agreed! Thankfully we are forced to get rid of them or we end up losing them for nothing. Would love to see what a team full of competent players and Vuc leading them would look like. I have been a critic of his at times but he’s really shown out this year on both ends of the floor and he deserves more than what we have been putting around him all these years. Wish we could trade Cliff for Lloyd Pierce while we are at it and get some actual player development for the young guys and decent rotations. Tired of the long leash he gives to certain players and not holding them accountable. 

10 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

What are you seeing?

All sorts out there. 

Oladipo rumours

Harrison Barnes rumours

Kyle Lowry rumours

Lots of Vuc rumours that have already been discussed

Denver/TRoss rumour

Probably some others I'm forgetting. A lot of them will wind up coming to nothing but the amount coming out in the last week or so makes me feel like trade discussions are ramping up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

All sorts out there. 

Oladipo rumours

Harrison Barnes rumours

Kyle Lowry rumours

Lots of Vuc rumours that have already been discussed

Denver/TRoss rumour

Probably some others I'm forgetting. A lot of them will wind up coming to nothing but the amount coming out in the last week or so makes me feel like trade discussions are ramping up.

Thanks for the update!

"Golden State knows that any discussion for an All-Star-caliber player will begin with the other team asking for one or both of the franchise’s two biggest assets outside of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green: the top-three-protected 2021 pick from Minnesota and rookie center James Wiseman," Letourneau wrote Monday.

"But according to a team source, the Warriors 'almost definitely' wouldn’t surrender that Timberwolves selection or Wiseman unless they got back someone generational such as Joel Embiid or Giannis Antetokounmpo."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-rumors-warriors-would-trade-james-wiseman-t-wolves-pick-one-scenario

34 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

"Golden State knows that any discussion for an All-Star-caliber player will begin with the other team asking for one or both of the franchise’s two biggest assets outside of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green: the top-three-protected 2021 pick from Minnesota and rookie center James Wiseman," Letourneau wrote Monday.

"But according to a team source, the Warriors 'almost definitely' wouldn’t surrender that Timberwolves selection or Wiseman unless they got back someone generational such as Joel Embiid or Giannis Antetokounmpo."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-rumors-warriors-would-trade-james-wiseman-t-wolves-pick-one-scenario

In other words those assets are off the table. Because there's no generational talent available. 

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

In other words those assets are off the table. Because there's no generational talent available. 

That’s what it sounds like to me. My guess is we move Fournier and/or AG for smaller pieces and that’s it. To trade Vooch, I think WeltHam would want a great young player and multiple firsts.