Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

3 hours ago, New Guy said:

Michael Porter Jr seems untouchable these days. He looks like he’s gonna be a big part of their future. 

Yeah I agree as much as I would like him in a Magic jersey. 

19 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I think we need some more grizzled veterans on the cusp of retirement  :)

Where is VInce Cater when you need him 

37 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

There are so many trade rumours out there now. Can't imagine it'll be long until moves start happening.

if only our front office could accelerate their evaluation of our roster and figure out a path forward...

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Give me Lonnie Walker, Devin Vassell and LaMarcus Aldridge and his big ol expiring for Vucevic and Aminu 

21 hours ago, New Guy said:

Spurs would def be the most intriguing. No thanks on Tyler Herro being the face of the magic. Bleh. He’d obviously be the  primary return chip.

Spurs have drafted very well and are loaded with prospects...

at least if you shipped him there you can shed Vooch’s contract quicker by absorbing Aldridge’s expiring deal. Even Buy him out.

Then net some kind of combo of Walker Jr, Vassell, Keldon Johnson, Trey Lyles, Luka Samantic, Jakob Poeltl.

They have a deep young talent pool. 

These guys get it. We know the Spurs like to compete. They don't tank. I would love us to reset our time-line and just do it. Get those young players and picks and expiring contracts so we can get out of cap hell. Obviously they would really want Vucevic but i think there is a chance they would want Evan or Ross and to a lesser extant Gordon or Aminu. The later two depends on them miraculously being very healthy the next two weeks. I can even see them wanting McW or Birch. I think the Spurs probably resign DeMar cheaper this offseason. So that still leaves them with over 55 million in expiring contracts! I would love to get Keldon, but i think they want to keep him along with DeRozan and Murry. 

I'm putting the Spurs down as the only team that might give 2 or 3 picks for Vucevic plus young players. And only because that's the going rate for an All-star with his contract these days.

If not Vucevic i think they would be a prime trade candidate for some combo of Ross/Fournier and Aminu/Gordon. Gordon would be a slam dunk to get moved if he was healthy. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Let us hope this is for external consumption as a negotiating ploy.   You obviously don’t want to let potential trade partners know that you really want to make a deal. 

However, having watched this front office over the past few years, they probably really mean it, unfortunately.  

We could be surely a playoff team again next season... maybe even 5th or 6th seed!!! Let's wait for that!!! KAPAYA!!!!

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not all that surprising. One would hope, however, that they also see the opportunity these injuries have given them to add a premium talent in the draft, much like GSW did last season.

i still wouldn’t be surprised to see them move AG