Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

I would jump all over Charlotte- PJ/Bridges/Rozier/Monk- 1st rounder or Boston - Nesmith, Langford + first rounder for Vooch. Need to sell high. Getting some young talent plus a first gives us insurance if our young pieces in Fultz/JI go down with another serious injury 

9 minutes ago, harley said:

I would jump all over Charlotte- PJ/Bridges/Rozier/Monk- 1st rounder or Boston - Nesmith, Langford + first rounder for Vooch. Need to sell high. Getting some young talent plus a first gives us insurance if our young pieces in Fultz/JI go down with another serious injury 

Thank Buddha you’re not the GM. If we deal Vooch, it’s gotta be comparable to the Jrue Holiday package NO just got from Milwaukee, not to help out Boston by taking their blown firsts and another late first.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Thank Buddha you’re not the GM. If we deal Vooch, it’s gotta be comparable to the Jrue Holiday package NO just got from Milwaukee, not to help out Boston by taking their blown firsts and another late first.

Yes, this was exactly my thought as well. Two average players and a late 1st is awful value.

If someone would have offered a Holiday-like package, we would probably already taken it... at least I hope.

I'm always been convinced that Vuc value was not that high around the league, and it's not even now that he's having a great season. But only GM could know. I would take that kind of deal from Boston or Charlotte, with a little more pick compensation / cap relief involved.

If we’re blowing it up, my dream trade would be:

Vooch + Gordon + Ross

for

Wiseman + Wiggins + Oubre + Minnesota pick (plus there are some throw in contracts to make up the $4M gap)

Oubre and Evan are expiring so we’d have plenty of options to offload them and now we’re in full rebuild. I would worry about the lack of veterans but it would be an exciting future:

Fultz - Anthony

1st round pick this year (Cunningham/Green/Suggs) - MCW

Wiggins - Other first round pick this year if it conveys (Kuminga/J Johnson/Krispat/Barnes) or players from the Evan/Oubre trade

Isaac - Okeke

Wiseman - Bamba

And GSW does it to maximize the window for Curry-Klay-Dray. This year it gives them a second guy in Gordon to throw at LeBron/Kawhi, an all-star center to stretch the floor, and better shooting off the bench than what they have now. Next year they have:

Curry-Klay-Gordon-Draymond-Vooch. And Ross would thrive in that system as a sixth man. That’s a team that can compete. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mack1085 said:

If we’re blowing it up, my dream trade would be:

Vooch + Gordon + Ross

for

Wiseman + Wiggins + Oubre + Minnesota pick (plus there are some throw in contracts to make up the $4M gap)

Oubre and Evan are expiring so we’d have plenty of options to offload them and now we’re in full rebuild. I would worry about the lack of veterans but it would be an exciting future:

Fultz - Anthony

1st round pick this year (Cunningham/Green/Suggs) - MCW

Wiggins - Other first round pick this year if it conveys (Kuminga/J Johnson/Krispat/Barnes) or players from the Evan/Oubre trade

Isaac - Okeke

Wiseman - Bamba

And GSW does it to maximize the window for Curry-Klay-Dray. This year it gives them a second guy in Gordon to throw at LeBron/Kawhi, an all-star center to stretch the floor, and better shooting off the bench than what they have now. Next year they have:

Curry-Klay-Gordon-Draymond-Vooch. And Ross would thrive in that system as a sixth man. That’s a team that can compete. 

We share a dream, my friend ❤️

My favorite trade targets for Vuc are Jalen Brunson from Dallas or Robert Williams + Nesmith from Boston.

Williams has ten times the physicality of Bamba

14 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

My favorite trade targets for Vuc are Jalen Brunson from Dallas or Robert Williams + Nesmith from Boston.

Williams has ten times the physicality of Bamba

I hope the FO would aim a bit higher

I think Vooch would be a game changer with another star. For instance, in the playoffs, think he’d do wonders for Curry, Giannis, and Leonard, to name a few. 

I also think Boston and Ainge have outsmarted themselves in recent years. You don’t let talent like Irving and Hayward just walk away. What was a very full cupboard is now quite thin.