Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

Trade Idea,

Trade Amina and Birch for Dinwiddie 

Trade AG, EF, a couple of 1st (2023 & 2025) for Middleton.

Lineup

Fultz / Anthony

Dinwiddie / Ross

Middleton  / Ennis

Isaac's/ Okeke 

Vooch / Bamba

Bench, MCW, Bacon, Clark, Randle, Draft pick

34 minutes ago, Coachdp3 said:

Trade Idea,

Lineup

Fultz / Anthony

Dinwiddie / Ross

Middleton  / Ennis

Isaac's/ Okeke 

Vooch / Bamba

The other teams wouldn't agree to these trades. 

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

My answers with half the season behind us.  I know, I’m cheating:

No

Unclear due to a new unexpected injury

Look promising but too early to tell.  Okeke in particular inhibited by his teammates who don’t pass him the ball.

Regarding the last question, partly but not only due to injuries, it’s hard to get excited about watching Magic games at this point.  Not enough teamwork.  

Haha! I had to look at the date of my original post. It sure hasn't been the season for which we had hoped. 

3 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

This is Robbins’ position every time people bring up trading Fournier. “Who is going to replace him?”

They are going to eventually need to move AG anyway so I don’t see why you would wring your hands over it

Why can't T. Ross be a starter? He should have been for a long time now. How many games did we scored in the teens in the 1st quarter?

Of course this season crashed, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Coachdp3 said:

Trade Idea,

Lineup

Fultz / Anthony

Dinwiddie / Ross

Middleton  / Ennis

Isaac's/ Okeke 

Vooch / Bamba

I like the first trade.  As far as the second trade I am not giving up future first round picks for a player like Middleton.  

4 hours ago, Coachdp3 said:

Trade Idea,

Lineup

Fultz / Anthony

Dinwiddie / Ross

Middleton  / Ennis

Isaac's/ Okeke 

Vooch / Bamba

This is really going all in for a 0% chance at a title. We’re not in a spot to even think about dealing firsts, we should be trying to accumulate them unless a guy like Beal, Booker, Murray come on the market. Chris with a K ain’t that guy...

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Haha! I had to look at the date of my original post. It sure hasn't been the season for which we had hoped. 

It’s funny in hindsight to look at some of the responses to your post from around the same time. 

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This is really going all in for a 0% chance at a title. We’re not in a spot to even think about dealing firsts, we should be trying to accumulate them unless a guy like Beal, Booker, Murray come on the market. Chris with a K ain’t that guy...

Understandably,  but we need movement. Middleton is the best 3 possibly available that plays enough defense and provides 18-20 points needed from that position. AG doesn't like playing 3. Do you agree we need a starting 3? If so, who would you go after better than Middleton?

Understandably,  but we need movement. Middleton is the best 3 possibly available that plays enough defense and provides 18-20 points needed from that position. AG doesn't like playing 3. Do you agree we need a starting 3? If so, who would you go after better than Middleton?

Why Middleton?  He will be 30 next year and has a bad contract.  

Middleton isn't available though. 

I have a trade that is realistic and could really help both teams, but you all are gonna hate it. It's with San Antonio, and the upside for us is resetting our cap and timeline. So before i post the link, remember we are very capped out. 

https://tradenba.com/trades/NkwHKSYre

Basically Evan and Bamba for Lonnie and Aldridge. Spurs never tank, currently the 6th seed in the west. Evan and Bamba could really help them because Lonnie and Aldrige haven't done much this year. Spurs could use another wing this year and maybe sign Evan moving forward, they also are the best place for Bamba.

From the Magic side it's simple, management just needs to eat crow and move on. We get a pick and a young guard to try out. Plus next years cap is slightly easier to manage. The trade works without Walker, so if the Magic and Spurs come to an agreement it could be 2 trades on paper, and we use the injury exception for Walker so we don't pay luxury tax.I know it's lame to get a late first for Bamba and Evan but since we waited so long, it's realistic. 

33 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I have a trade that is realistic and could really help both teams, but you all are gonna hate it. It's with San Antonio, and the upside for us is resetting our cap and timeline. So before i post the link, remember we are very capped out. 

https://tradenba.com/trades/NkwHKSYre

Basically Evan and Bamba for Lonnie and Aldridge. Spurs never tank, currently the 6th seed in the west. Evan and Bamba could really help them because Lonnie and Aldrige haven't done much this year. Spurs could use another wing this year and maybe sign Evan moving forward, they also are the best place for Bamba.

From the Magic side it's simple, management just needs to eat crow and move on. We get a pick and a young guard to try out. Plus next years cap is slightly easier to manage. The trade works without Walker, so if the Magic and Spurs come to an agreement it could be 2 trades on paper, and we use the injury exception for Walker so we don't pay luxury tax.I know it's lame to get a late first for Bamba and Evan but since we waited so long, it's realistic. 

Personally I think Evan Fournier is worth more than Aldridge and Lonnie Walker. 

I don't really see why either side does this. Neither side creates cap room they wouldn't already have. Neither side gets noticeably better in the long term. I guess there's an argument for swapping Bamba and Walker into new situations but there's no way Weltman and Hammond could justify trading the #6 pick in the 2018 draft for the #18 pick in the 2018 draft.